Girlfriend issues...HELP!

toggo1

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 02:35 am
Me and my gf have been dating for 7 months now and everything has been amazing. The other night however, during a family dinner, apparently I was grumpy and embarrassed her in front of her family, who she is really close with.
The main reason why she got so mad was because she thought I was integrating in to the family well, and then this happened. From my POV the only symptom of grumpiness I had was that I didn't talk much which was due to the fact I had been awake since 3:30am for training for 3 and a half hours.
She has been really affected by this, more so than I imagined, and now I am wondering what to do. I brought her flowers and her favourite chocolates this morning, but I just want to make everything go back to the way it was before this happened.
Do I just wait and let time do its course? Should I care what her parents think? (only mum, her dad does'nt really care about this...he likes me a lot and so does her mum, but mum is more sensitive and they are REALLY close to each other.) Her mum is being, to put it bluntly, a bitch about it to me.
I would like some answers as to what to do....do i just wait until time runs its course and everything is back to normal? Or do i do something to make it happen?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,431 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 06:18 am
@toggo1,
Ferchrissakes, you aren't bubbly and talkative 24/7??!

Could you be, I dunno, a human and not an android?

Sheesh, they need to get over it. From what I am reading (and perhaps you have omitted some important details, I don't know), you weren't rude to them. You were just tired and kind of quiet. That's not rude; that's nice.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 06:53 am
@toggo1,
I had a girl like that once...

Really, if a girl makes the final call on you based on the opinion of anyone else, you do not want that girl.

No exception for mothers.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 11:56 am
I'm always confused how most people who come here with a relationship problem first have to tell you how amazing things are, how s/he is "perfect" etc etc, then talks about something that obviously shows otherwise.

I'm wondering why someone would now feel obligated to buy flowers/candy for someone because they were physically tired at some point. Not to mention the other person being angry over that.

I think that speaks volumes about how amazing the relationship is.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 03:25 pm
@toggo1,
She sounds like a Princess. That means this is not a once off.

"I had been awake since 3.30am, for training and only for three and a half hours, I was tired, get over it". So lovely to have your support and understanding, I suggest you go and let your Mother know the above and let's get on with things.

0 Replies

toggo1

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:18 pm
@jespah,
jespah, I have not omitted any details. I was just being quiet and not talking, I was just letting the family talk to eachother and I was just sitting there listening.
Krumple

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:33 pm
@toggo1,
toggo1 wrote:

jespah, I have not omitted any details. I was just being quiet and not talking, I was just letting the family talk to eachother and I was just sitting there listening.

Wow that is incredibly offensive. Hell some familys would love to trade your silent anti social night for their crazy family issues.
toggo1

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 08:23 pm
@Krumple,
What is offensive? Me not talking because I was up nearly 20 hours, or the fact that she got annoyed?
Krumple

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 08:48 pm
@toggo1,
toggo1 wrote:

What is offensive? Me not talking because I was up nearly 20 hours, or the fact that she got annoyed?

I was exhaggerating their feelings. They want you to be sensitive to their side but arent considering your side. You were tired, they need to get over themselves.
toggo1

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:13 am
@Krumple,
ohh right, yeah sorry makes sense now Smile i totally agree with you except i cant tell her to get over herself..hmmm...what to do
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:21 am
@toggo1,
Quote:
i cant tell her to get over herself..

Excuses, excuses...

Yes you can.
0 Replies