Can you rebuild trust

JJG91

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 03:48 am
just to be clear, my girlfriend never physically cheated on me, she admitted to messaging another guy and meeting him on her lunch breaks at work. she didnt sext or anything like that, but he flirted and she flirted back. we are in a long distance relationship so now that it's all come out im struggling to trust her, when she says shes going to the gym I'm wondering if she's actually there or with him. Obviously there is more to this story then I can put on here, but the basic premise of my question is, can you ever realistically trust someone again once it has been broken?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,133 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 09:06 am
@JJG91,
How much do you love her? Are you wanting a permanent relationship with her?

Talk to her, let her know how you feel now and then ask yourself how you'd feel if she parted from you. Then ask yourself how you would feel if she, or a future girlfriend dumped you for similar actions?

If you truly love her, trust can be rebuilt, but, it takes time and not everybody can trust again. You need to ask yourself where you stand in this.

I wish you this best in this.
JJG91

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 09:47 am
@Sturgis,
Thanks for your advice, we've been together 4 years so we are certainly in a permanent relationship (probably should've mentioned that) and it's been a great 4 years. Me moving away provoked this reaction out of her.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 01:04 pm
@JJG91,
Separations can be deadly. Our son was engaged to a woman in the USAF, but after being stationed at different locations, it just fell apart.
0 Replies