The only thing that determines human value

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 01:14 pm
The only thing that is of value in life and the only thing that determines your value as a human being is your happiness and well-being.  If you are living a blissful life and everything is going great in your life, then that is the only thing that matters in life and that is the only thing that makes your life great and you great & superior.  

But if you live a life of much hardship and suffering, then that makes you and your life inferior crap.  It is not your personality, actions, choices, etc. that determines the value of you and your life.  Happiness and well-being is the only thing that matters in life and this is the only thing that determines the value of you and your life.

If you don't get to live such a blissful life, then you should just end it because you and your life are now nothing more than inferior crap.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,743 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 01:42 pm
All life matters. What you choose to do with what you have determines the true value. Money is just a random extra which can lead to a less satisfying life than all the money of Warren Buffet, George Lucas and Bill Gates combined could ever internally provide.

Just be thankful for what you've got.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 01:47 pm
@MozartLink,
Are you living a blissful life? Or do you plan to end it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2016 03:54 pm
@MozartLink,
We all value life differently. I believe good health has more value than money. Mental health is as important as physical health.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2016 02:58 am
@MozartLink,
MozartLink wrote:

If you don't get to live such a blissful life, then you should just end it because you and your life are now nothing more than inferior crap.

This sounds you're justifying the holocaust. In any event it's unreasoning bigotry thinly disguised as philosophy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2016 05:13 am
@MozartLink,
Sometimes wwe sign up for hardships that are part of making some great discovery or accomplishment. Im sure Scott didnt sign up for a "blissful" march across Antarctic.

What's your dream?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2016 08:49 am
@MozartLink,
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/malnourished-child-rescued-by-nigerian-soldiers-from-the-islamist-picture-id472300338
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 07:08 am
@MozartLink,
Happiness is meaningless. impossible without contrasting suffering and pain. happiness without risk of loss is worthless.
Krumple

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2016 01:46 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Happiness is meaningless. impossible without contrasting suffering and pain. happiness without risk of loss is worthless.

This is a farce, simply not true. You don't need to know suffering to know happiness. This idea was to promote why a universe has so much suffering if a living God created it. To justify suffering. It's simply not true that you need suffering to understand happiness.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2016 10:52 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I believe one appreciates life much more if they have suffered and recovered.

I remember many decades ago when one of our friend lost their father, because he suffered from depression and soon died after losing his best friend.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 08:15 am
@Krumple,
You claim now please back it up k ?
How do you perceive value as a concept eh ? No contrast for value judgements ???
I can see already that economics 101 on value and market differentiation are alien concepts to you...
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 01:08 pm
@Krumple,
If you have never experienced suffering, you're missing something important in your life. Are you a robot?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 02:17 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

You claim now please back it up k ?
How do you perceive value as a concept eh ? No contrast for value judgements ???
I can see already that economics 101 on value and market differentiation are alien concepts to you...

This is like saying a young child playing can't really be said to be happy playing because the child has never fully understood the mundane boredom of not playing. As if preventing the child from playing causes the enjoyment of playing because the child contrasts the boredom the parent imposes on the child to stop playing. This is ridiculous.

It would be like you have never seen a movie ever in your entire life because you were raised in a technology adverse society but then some person brought in a tv and played a movie for you but you couldn't enjoy it because you have never experienced the subversion of disbelief.

Like a person who has been born blind is given an implant which suddenly allows them to see. Is it they are purely because they didn't before and compare nonseeing with that of seeing. No. It's silly.

Like a person who has never been burned can't be afraid of fire because they have never been burned.

Suffering only allows us to appreciate when we are happy, but we don't need suffering to understand, "Oh ****, this is happiness? Never woulda known had I not stubbed my toe earlier."
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 07:13 pm
@Krumple,
Wow... not a single example makes sense ! Sometimes you surprise me....
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 07:18 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Let me give you your boring Eden krumpy...

No famine, no hunger, no appetite, no need to eat...no pleasure eating.
No urge to think, no questions, no lack of knowledge, therefore no need to think... its a freaking zombie flat world when it comes too value polarization...by the way try to eat you favourite food for an year every 2 meals a day n come back. You are dead wrong on this mate.
Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 07:19 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Wow... not a single example makes sense ! Sometimes you surprise me....

I never expected that you personally would. As for usual.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 07:26 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Let me give you your boring Eden krumpy...

No famine, no hunger, no appetite, no need to eat...no pleasure eating.
No urge to think, no questions, no lack of knowledge, therefore no need to think... its a freaking zombie flat world when it comes too value polarization...by the way try to eat you favourite food for an year every 2 meals a day n come back. You are dead wrong on this mate.

So you have to starve to understand the feeling of being full?

You are making the comparison error. We appreciate good food when we contrast it with having had to eat shitty food. But you don't need to taste shitty food to know when you have tasted good food. It would stand to reason a person who has never tasted shitty food could never know the taste of good food. Simply exclusive.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 07:31 pm
@Krumple,
No Krumpy no...you NEED distinct frames of REFERENCE for establishing comparative value ! get it ? ...prolly not...you are riding on a flat surface. get up the mountain in pain and get the pleasure when you go down. The result is perfect balance a zero tied result. You don't take more of this life then life itself takes back from you. BALANCE ! But differentiation.
Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2016 07:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

No Krumpy no...you NEED distinct frames of REFERENCE for establishing comparative value ! get it ? ...prolly not...you are riding on a flat surface. get up the mountain in pain and get the pleasure when you go down. The result is perfect balance a zero tied result. You don't take more of this life then life itself takes back from you. BALANCE ! But differentiation.

It's a comparison error. It's like if you were to eat a bug and then realize wow ice cream is great because bugs taste nasty.

It doesn't work like that, they are exclusive experiences. Otherwise they would be objective of themselves. This is how you can like something but not explain why you like it. You have nothing to contrast it with. This is how abstract art and music can be enjoyed when the opposition to it is darkness and silence. It becomes absurd to say you love a song because silence sucks.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 07:30 am
@Krumple,
The genetic parameters and constrains for pleasure or pain are secondary to the process of data normalization in the brain when you lack contrasting scenarios...now please go do some reading about it will ya ?
0 Replies