A question about spinal fluid test

XxSiCxX

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:17 pm
I will give a quick over view before I ask my question.
I have had three spinal taps in less that a year. The last lumbar puncture was done last Monday. The two other test came back clean and only showing elevated csf pressure. I got called in Monday to go in and see one of my doctors today. Long story short this test came back abnormal. It had both bands and elevated protein. I was told this can be a indication of a few things. I will be going next Monday to another doctor of mine for more information and to setup more testing to narrow down what it could be.

Here is my question does anyone here know anything about spinal fluid test or about ms or spinal tumors? Baring that if anyone can point me to a good source of info on any of these things it would be welcomed. I have combed google for some time already in search of good reputable reading and studies. But I have yet to come across much.

I know the bands showing up can point to ms. But I can't find a source on when they would start to show up in spinal fluid. Just as I can't find how many spinal taps is typical to go before such might be seen. I am looking to fill in holes in my knowledge and not just speculate on things.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,850 • Replies: 0
No top replies