Teacher Crush?

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 09:33 pm
I have this teacher that I really adore. He's helped me so much over the two years I've known him and we both show each other immense respect. He always, no matter what is happening, helps me when I'm down. I've learned that whatever he does to or around me dictates how my day is going to go. He compliments me? Amazing day. He pays extra attention to me? Best day. It's gotten to the point where I get suicidal when he doesn't pay any attention to me. I feel hopelessly obsessed and I'm very scared. What do I do?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 03:58 am
@Paigethomas666,
Leave well alone, he's your teacher and could lose his job. One of the attractions is that he's unattainable, like a pop star or other celebrity, but that's something you'll have to get over, like we all had to.

Look for love in your own peer group, it will happen.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 05:12 am
@Paigethomas666,
To add to what izzy said - you are putting all your feeling 'eggs' into one basket. Your life is revolving around this one person, and that's not healthy. Even those of us who are in love where it's reciprocated tend to have lives outside of the relationship.

Mooning over your teacher means you're not taking risks (not bad risks, I mean relationship risks) with your peers. I am also troubled by you saying you have entertained suicidal feelings. This is off the charts and has gone beyond a crush.

I would suggest counseling as you are going to end up having a devil of a time adjusting to the world when you graduate.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 07:02 am
@Paigethomas666,
I'm a bit confused about something: an earlier post you're writing about your relationship with your bisexual girlfriend. Now you're writing about your mad crush on a male teacher. Are both of these crushes happening simultaneously?
Paigethomas666

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 07:58 pm
@Ragman,
Yes and it's not helping at all to have both
0 Replies