Any advice for furthering things? Am I misreading?

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:05 pm
I work at a school in the office, and recently ran into one of our parents at his place of work (which is a bar.) A couple days later he invited me to return, and during that we scheduled a time to hang out when we weren't working. (And yes, he's single.) We haven't exchanged numbers yet, and he acted pretty awkward (i'll admit he's a little odd in general) this morning. I was busy with a customer. He did initiate a little bit of conversation and gave a friendly, "I'll see you later!" When he left. I've become fond of the idea of giving it a shot. Should I just continue to be friendly? At some point I need to make sure we're still on to go out in a few nights.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 327 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:20 pm
@tictacti,
Trust your instincts about him being a "little odd"

Enjoy but easy does it.
0 Replies

ifo

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:22 pm
@tictacti,
I think the line works well here. I will see you later ? perfect
tictacti

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:49 pm
@ifo,
Well we see each other most mornings because of the dropping the kids off at school situation. Idk. I guess I'll just when we're alone. It's just awkward.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 02:14 pm
@tictacti,
He knows where you work. You know where he works.

Why not give him a call to confirm?
tictacti

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 02:17 pm
@ehBeth,
I kind of need an opportunity to get his number (by asking him for it). I technically have access to it because of his kids but I think that's a violation of confidentiality. I'm also worried it will come across as desperate. I'm just kind of nervous that he may have changed his mind about going out. I guess I'll just play it by ear.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 02:19 pm
@tictacti,
The bar doesn't have a phone? call him there

__

I would not recommend using his private number if he hasn't given it to you.

__

In the alternative, give him a piece of paper with your number on it when you next see him.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Any advice for furthering things? Am I misreading?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 02:08:33