TV Discussion

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 11:38 am
This is a general discussion of TV, allowing a broader range of observations, I feel. I was looking for a place to mention that I have been noticing writers of old TV episodes, of late. Gene Roddenberry, for instance wrote for a variety of shows. This morning, an episode of Have Gun Will Travel was his. It tells the story of a man (played by Parley Baer, who portrayed Chester Goode on the radio Gunsmoke), a man who in India became cursed and feared he was to be killed by a tiger. He hired Palladin, who did not like him and charged a double fee. Any time the cards were shuffled and dealt, he always picked out the tiger. Turns out, a circus lost a tiger. It was an ancient animal who likely had no teeth. But the tiger presence so frightened the man he ran over a cliff to his death.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 776 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 07:36 pm
When I was in my 20s I liked this band called Devo. This was a fun band but kind of a novelty act that wasn't taken too seriously by many people. One of the people in the band was named Mark Mothersbough.

When I was in my 40s, watching cartoons with Mo, I started noticing Mark Mothersbough's name in music credits for everything. This guys film and TV credits are extensive.

It just seems so strange that all that was done by the Devo guy.
chai2

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 08:40 pm
@boomerang,
Wow.

I just looked him up.

Take a look at his credits here on IMdb...
It goes on forever.
BTW, I liked Devo too.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006205/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 08:49 pm
I had never paid attention to him. But that is an impressive list of credits.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:37 am
I like Kevin James. I tried to give his new TV series a chance. But it started so horribly I went to Monday Night Football after perhaps five minutes. I like James and consider him a fine comedic actor. But I also feel his talent is being wasted. I hope he finds a better vehicle after Kevin Can Wait folds.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » TV Discussion
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:44:05