What Should I Do?

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 11:53 pm
I like this guy and (without me saying yes) my best friend told him how I felt about him. When he first found out, he was smiling at me weird and everytime he looked at me, he looked like he was thinking about something. After that, for about a week, he wasn't talking to me like he normally did. Last Friday, we finally had a convo like we used to and he also talked to me the same Monday and Tuesday. He stills doesn't believe that I like him and even some of his closest friends have told him. Should I tell him myself and confirm it or should I wait a little longer and let him get to know me better? We've known each other since last year but we really started talking about 3-4 months ago and he's a Senior and I'm a Sophomore.

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 06:55 am
@anonymoususer,
First off, tell your friends you'll handle it from here, thank you very much, and get them to stop passing messages back and forth. That's grade school behavior.

Second, invite him out for soda or coffee or whatever you prefer to drink that isn't alcohol. Just, come and let's get a coffee. That sort of thing. This is not the time to confess deep feelings. Put that on the back burner for the time being. Instead, have a conversation. Not about dating or feelings. But about what you like to talk about, whether it's music, school, the news, the weather, or something else. Try not to make it about anything gossipy (because that's mean).

When it ends, tell him you had a good time (but only if you did) and ask him, "How's about we get together soon and make it a real date? Say, next weekend?"

And see what he says. If he says yes or no, then you have your answer. If he hems and haws, then give him a week to figure it all out but move on if he can't make up his mind and/or tell you either way, for that is also a no; it's just a more passive-aggressive one. And of course if he doesn't agree to go for coffee in the first place, then that's another no.

This is 2016. You can do this.

Be the initiator and you will not regret it. You will know, plus you will build confidence. Being the initiator in this area will help you in other areas of your life as well.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:32 am
@anonymoususer,
If you post this a third time, you will probably get the same answer as you did yesterday as Soccergirlie11 and today as anonymoususer. My advice is the same as those who have answered both threads. Keep your friends out of it. Tell them to back off. If they don't, they are not friends. Then take the bull by the horns.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:37 am
http://able2know.org/topic/343385-1
__

Are you really in high school?

This is seriously grade school behaviour.

Listen to jespah's advice.

And as CR noted - the advice isn't going to change if you ask it again.
anonymoususer

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 07:51 am
@ehBeth,
yeah I'm really in highschool, don't believe, I could care less
0 Replies