If Donald Trump were a woman...

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 04:45 pm
Would they be accusing him of being a racist or making fun of his hair? Or would they be calling him noble and complimenting on his appearance?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 16 • Views: 7,203 • Replies: 144

View best answer, chosen by maxdancona
roger

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 04:49 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm sure he would still be considered a racist. As to hair, or at least appearance, there have been any number of comments on Clinton's appearance, so why not?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 04:55 pm
@roger,
Also, http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 05:27 pm
If he were a woman people would be much tougher on him for his lack of intelligence. He'd basically be Sarah Palin.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:01 pm
@Kolyo,
Maybee....

I think if he were a woman we would be much less tough on him in matters of integrity. Issues of corruption in his previous positions, for example, would be glossed over as just politically motivated attacks.

roger

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:32 pm
@maxdancona,
You're not suggesting Clinton has gotten a pass on integrity issues, are you?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:34 pm
@roger,
Among liberals? Absolutely I am suggesting Clinton gets a pass.

roger

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 06:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, if you specify liberals only, you are right.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 07:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Among liberals? Absolutely I am suggesting Clinton gets a pass.

I'm not so sure about that. Hillary lost credibility and trustworthiness. I think she lost a lot even among liberals.

I think there is much truth in the following article.
http://conservativefiringline.com/hillarys-campaign-gaining-ground-losing-credibility/
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I think if he were a woman we would be much less tough on him in matters of integrity.

I have to disagree, maybe because I feel more sympathetic to women under fire.

Many of Clinton's "scandals", in my opinion, just aren't.

1. She insulted some Trump supporters and suddenly it's the issue of the campaign. Meanwhile, when a guy refers to Mexicans as murderers and rapists, and never really apologizes for his remark, it fades into the background.

2. She got sick. Big deal! I flirt with pneumonia 3 times a year. (I haven't gotten it in 10 years, but I flirt with it.)

3. She lies sometimes. Well, guess what, she's in politics.

4. Worried about her emails? Listen to what bobsal has repeatedly said about Bush and his lost emails, and how it was a non-story then.

So that's Clinton, let's move on to how we treat another woman, Michelle Bachman, someone whose views I find, well, deplorable. I think she, too, gets treated unfairly.

When she was running in the primaries in 2012, many people posted ugly pictures of her. Many others decided to focus on the power dynamic of her private relationship to her husband. There, too, you had cheap shots based on nothing. Scandals that really weren't.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:26 pm
@Kolyo,
I like your summary, because I happen to agree.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2016 10:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Somehow, his facial expressions when he makes offensive remarks does remind me of a woman. Hooey...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 01:17 am
@seac,
That's not a woman it's a duck.

http://www.khwiki.com/images/thumb/d/da/Huey_KHBBS.png/178px-Huey_KHBBS.png
roger

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 01:23 am
@izzythepush,
MR not ducks.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 08:17 am
@Kolyo,
Quote:
I have to disagree, maybe because I feel more sympathetic to women under fire.

I am sure most of you know this is intended as a counter to the "If Hillary Clinton was a man..." thread. But this is my point, there is more sympathy for women under fire.

Hillary Clinton's biggest weakness is her integrity. This runs against typical gender stereotypes because studies show that women are considered more honest and trustworthy than men by most Americans. And the most damaging attacks against her will be those that target her integrity.

Are these fair? I think so. McCain was attacked for his integrity based on the Keating Five (where he was cleared after an investigation) and his marital history (which is hardly relevant).

Her mishandling of her health issues will be rolled into general attacks on her integrity (and other candidates have been questioned based on health issues). I think it is a stretch to say that this is anything different than the attacks that male candidates face.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 08:20 am
Question for anyone who chooses to answer...

Hypothetically speaking... if George W. Bush could run again and was running again, would you consider his missing White House emails a valid attack against him as part of a political campaign?

I think so.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 08:31 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Would they be accusing him of being a racist or making fun of his hair?

So? Women can't be racist?! That's the most bizarre assumption I've read on a2k (and we have a lot of posters suffering from schizophrenic disorders posting/touting some of the scariest conspiracy theories online).

All sorts of people, no matter their gender, their ethnicity, their religion, etc... can be racist.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 10:09 am
@tsarstepan,
Max gets a bit hysterical re women's rights. It's all rather pathetic.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 02:14 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Would they be accusing him of being a racist or making fun of his hair? Or would they be calling him noble and complimenting on his appearance?

Since his platform is to "make America great again," he might be considered a good potential Commander In Chief that would not be considered namby pamby by enemies. Possibly a Protestant Joan of Arc?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 02:19 pm
@Foofie,
I think the many cartoons on Trump's hair speaks for itself.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cartoons+on+trump's+hair&qpvt=cartoons+on+trump%27s+hair&qpvt=cartoons+on+trump%27s+hair&qpvt=cartoons+on+trump%27s+hair&FORM=IQFRML