Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 02:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
To put everybody at ease about ginseng.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/supplement-guide-ginseng#1
0 Replies

mattiebrown777

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:46 am
@InfraBlue,
We are in the midst of an epidemic of obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease, not to mention cancer and immune related diseases. What can we do about this tragedy? Let's cover some general information.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:00 am
If at first you don't succeed succumb succour notwithstanding.

0 Replies

mattiebrown777

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 01:03 am
@InfraBlue,
They were able to derail the discussion about sugar for decades,” said Stanton Glantz, a professor of medicine at U.C.S.F. and an author of the JAMA Internal Medicine paper.
roger

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 01:14 am
@mattiebrown777,
Glantz has also become well known in vaping circles.
Blickers

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 08:25 am
@roger,
What does Glantz say about vaping? Is he pro or con?
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 12:55 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

What does Glantz say about vaping? Is he pro or con?

He's pretty much enemy number one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
More info on sugar and salt from Harvard.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthy-eating/how-to-cut-back-on-sugar-and-salt
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
https://us.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=itm&hsimp=yhs-001&type=smy_secureddownload_17_25_xtn&p=is%20gensing%20good%20for%20you&param1=1&param2=f%3D4%26b%3Dchrome%26ip%3D73.70.5.66%26pa%3Dsearch-manager%26type%3Dsmy_secureddownload_17_25_xtn%26cat%3Dweb%26a%3Dsmy_secureddownload_17_25_xtn%26xlp_pers_guid%3Dfd6225f6e8d559cc1eb8ba13d24e4cc3%26xlp_sess_guid%3Dfd6225f6e8d559cc1eb8ba13d24e4cc3-8a1d-26ddbd9fc04d%26uref%3D%26abid%3D%26xt_abg%3D%26xt_ver%3D10.1.0.57
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 02:44 am
@InfraBlue,
So if Coca Cola was trying to subvert astronomy, astronomy would be a fraud?

When you can't or won't distinguish the swindlers from the honest scientists, the swindlers won.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 02:48 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

The deception is so prevalent that the nation's dietary guidelines are based on this fraudulent science. Common sense would dictate to do away with nutrition science all together.

That's throwing the baby with the depend.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 04:43 am
If big money interests are involved, I generally ignore the pronouncements and seek my information elsewhere.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:15 am
@edgarblythe,
With so many conflicting information found in cyber space, it's almost impossible to know what's true or false, right or wrong info.
It's somewhat like religion and politics, and not about intelligence.

Take my case of kidney failure and alcohol. Some say moderation is good for you, and others say no alcohol.

I chose moderation; 4 ounces with a little water added, once a week.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
I believe each of us is ultimately responsible for our own health. So we have to listen to our bodies and search out the right answers for our own needs. I don't see how the amount you are drinking could hurt.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
Sugar suppresses the immune system. Nevertheless, they offer soda pop to people recovering from surgery, which is pretty stupid . . .
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2017 01:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

If they were successful, yes.

Olivier5 wrote:
When you can't or won't distinguish the swindlers from the honest scientists, the swindlers won.

One thing is when you can't distinguish between them, another thing is when you won't. Being a layman concerning nutritional science and its subversion and the policies that are based on them, I can only take them with a grain of salt, as it were.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 08:30 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

If they were successful, yes.

Well, astrology has been reasonably successful, and it'sall BS astronomy.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 09:32 am
@edgarblythe,
That isn't true Edgar. It is a cop out to blame "big money interests" as the reason you are rejecting valid science. There are big money interests behind the "science" you are promoting... saturated fat, and organic food (organic food is big money) for example.

There is legitimate science being done. And no matter what your political ideology, sometimes legitimate science will call it into question. The challenge is to be open minded enough to put legitimate science over your political bias.

There is an interesting question in how to separate legitimate science from bogus science. Without taking the effort to get a science degree yourself, you need to at some point trust the scientific institutions. The issue of interest groups funding research is real... but institutional science is addressing this. Real science is peer reviewed, the funding is transparent and the results are independently researched.

Let's be honest about what is happening here. Political liberals tend to reject legitimate science about nutrition science and GMOs. Political conservatives tend to reject legitimate science about climate change and environment.

The basic argument from both liberals and conservatives is basically the same; some science is bogus so let's reject all of it (except for the parts we agree with). Rather than actually looking to see the reputable, independent expert voices explaining the legitimate science, people attack the science and accuse anything that questions their political point of view.

This thread is an attack on science.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 09:37 am
The people protecting our food supply allow the sale of olive oil, so labeled, but actually with little to none in the bottle. But you can be sure, but for this one little glitch, they have our back in all this.
Glennn

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 02:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am so glad to hear you say that. For the longest time I've had this nagging suspicion that the FDA doesn't really have our best interest at heart. Smile
0 Replies