Facebook Messenger App turning Photos upside down!?

Mon 12 Sep, 2016 05:40 am
Can anybody help?

Using the FB Messenger App on my iPhone, it is suddenly turning pictures upside down. The photos are the correct orientation in my photo stream, and also when I first click send in Messenger. Its only once they are delivered to the recipient that they turn upside down.

I have tested with by re-sending photos that sent correctly a few days ago, and they are also now sending upside down.

I have not changed how i'm taking photos, and haven't started holding my phone the wrong way. Both landscape and portrait pictures are being flipped.

I have tried sending the same photos via Whatsapp and there is no problem, so it seems to be with the Messenger App only.

It would appear contacting FB directly is not an option. There is no FAQ on this, and I have reported an issue but the automatic reply was that they cannot respond.

Please help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,600 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Mon 12 Sep, 2016 05:41 am
@Beth-forever-21,
Are these landscape or portrait orientation photos? If they are too wide for a phone (the messenger app is specifically built for phones), then that might be the cause.
Beth-forever-21

Mon 12 Sep, 2016 05:43 am
@jespah,
Both Landscape and Portrait pictures are being effected. They are pictures I took using my phone, and also pictures that I have sent successfully from my phone on the App are now being effected.
jespah

Mon 12 Sep, 2016 05:52 am
@Beth-forever-21,
Well, that's just annoying. As you can tell, it's not the best-made app ever. Have you tried sending from a desktop or laptop PC?
Beth-forever-21

Mon 12 Sep, 2016 06:10 am
@jespah,
Yes, very annoying! No, as the photos are on my phone, not saved to Desktop. I've tried sending photos via other apps and they are fine, so must be a Messenger issue. I just can't believe I'm the only person to ever have this - I can't find any advice anywhere on this. I've realised if I go into each photo, edit and re-save then it sends correctly, but i'm not going to do that every time I want to send a load of pictures. Maybe its time to swap to Whatsapp!
0 Replies

Cmsarre

Sat 1 Oct, 2016 11:32 am
This is happening to me too! The exact same problem. So bizarre.
0 Replies