Can either atoms or particles believe in ideas?

sky123

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 08:16 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Four sets is an observation on the number of your reponses to her in that post

Sorry, I think something is going wrong..
is that "her" means me?
I am not her!!!
thack45

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 10:31 am
@sky123,
sky123 wrote:
Masaru believes that the crystals of water passing through the city is not beautiful and well shaped because of many bad thinkings that people have (Oh, my crystals are getting bad shaped since I wrote the word bad thinkings! Smile Smile )

Masaru a fan of Ghostbusters II?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 11:38 am
@Thomas33,
"Ideas" convey information, which in turn is the result of atoms behaviour everywhere. So what ?
Thomas33

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 11:56 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Do atoms intend ideas, to which they believe in one idea over another?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 12:03 pm
@Thomas33,
Survival of the fittest.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 02:51 pm
@Thomas33,
Consciousness is an EXPERIENCED epiphenomena not an act of intention in spite of what common sense tells you. Nor atoms nor people intend anything...A rational natural process unfolds through the rules of nature because that's what's REAL. By the way nobody wrote the rules. Rationality is not borrowed from anywhere. It is just real period. You ride the natural holistic process which also unfolds in your awareness of your own computations given strict circumstances constricting all action you take. What else would you expect ? Spontaneous volition ??? A miracle ? That's as bad as believing in the FSM or Santa !
vikorr

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 08:10 pm
@sky123,
Quote:
Sorry, I think something is going wrong..
is that "her" means me?
I am not her!!!
My apologies.
sky123

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 05:33 am
@vikorr,
no need Wink
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 05:36 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Consciousness is an EXPERIENCED epiphenomena not an act of intention in spite of what common sense tells you. Nor atoms nor people intend anything...A rational natural process unfolds through the rules of nature because that's what's REAL.

Why can't matter and atoms be an experienced epiphenomena of the ideas thought up in the mind of God?
Quote:
By the way nobody wrote the rules. Rationality is not borrowed from anywhere. It is just real period.
Can you prove that statement?
Quote:
You ride the natural holistic process which also unfolds in your awareness of your own computations given strict circumstances constricting all action you take.
Who determined the strict circumstances? Fate? Luck? God?
Quote:
What else would you expect ? Spontaneous volition ???
There is no proof that can prove creative thoughts originate in matter, or originate outside of matter and just manipulate it. If they originate outside of matter, but manifest themselves through matter, then one's intelligence could exist after the matter of the body dies, as long as there is a way to maintain its existence without a body. If matter is an experienced epiphenomena of the mind of God, just as a doghouse is the experienced epiphenomena of the mind of a carpenter, then maybe that God could maintain the existence of a person's intelligence after death. That is the belief of a lot of people observing both, doghouses and the universe.
0 Replies