What to do about anxiety, is a doctor needed

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 02:37 am
How do you go about seeing a doctor for possible anxiety/depression, e.g does a referral to a psychologist have to be made? I'm concerned over confidentiality as I really don't want anyone to know what's going on so the less appointments the better.
Symptoms- feel like I'm watching myself from above sometimes, when walking feel like I've just come off a treadmill, leg shaking when nervous, physically sick on morning if nervous/exited, really really sad at times then something good happens and I'm overly exited and feel shaky

jespah

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 05:16 am
@secondaccount123456,
Go to your primary care physician and start talking.

And stop worrying about confidentiality; American doctors who breach it (I don't know if you're in the US) are on a fast train to losing their licenses to practice medicine. They don't divulge session information unless you're contemplating violence.
secondaccount123456

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 05:46 am
@jespah,
Thanks,
I was concerned over people at home finding out what I'd be going for and it being on my record, especially if I went to doctor and they said that there's nothing wrong it's just me being weird!
Really appreciated your response though, thankyou
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 07:50 am
@secondaccount123456,
Why not try other anxiety reducing exercises: yoga, medication, tai chi, or physical exercises such as swimming or Pilates?

Is there prejudice about seeing a therapist in your family? You really need to find out what triggers these attacks.

How old are you?
secondaccount123456

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 09:52 am
@PUNKEY,
I'm 20. And yes there are a lot of people in my family that that have the 'just get over it' attitude and when watching programmes on to that show depression etc think people are just weak.
I don't think there's anything specific, if I feel left out of something this can upset me but it's generally that I don't feel good enough at anything/ don't have anyone that I start worrying about everything
I've masked this for years as well so I think it's when I finally am alone it all just gets on top of me
Thankyou for replying to me
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 11:27 am
@secondaccount123456,
Sec many otc and 'script substances can be very effective, esp if the problem is chem and not psych

Recently for a sudden onset of depression our doc 'scribed sertraline: A while to take hold but works great
secondaccount123456

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 12:31 pm
@dalehileman,
Thanks for your help!!
Sorry to ask but How would you know the problems chemical? I sometimes take kalms but I think the effect for me is psychosomatic. I would take prescription if iI'm helped but I don't know how many doctors are willing to just give things like that out, personal question again sorry but did you need to visit your dr regularly with that prescription?
Thankyou so much
jespah

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 12:51 pm
@secondaccount123456,
He wouldn't without a doctor's diagnosis.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2016 02:09 pm
@secondaccount123456,
Quote:
Thanks for your help!!
Most welcome Sec

Quote:
Sorry to ask but
Always okay

Quote:
How would you know the problems chemical?
Dunno; help, somebody

One way I suppose is to quit using each substance, at least temporarily, that can at all be nominated. That might include meds

Quote:
....don't know how many doctors are willing...
Probly all of 'em

Quote:
personal question again sorry
No ai problema

Quote:
... need to visit your dr regularly...?
Please restate q.

Quote:
Thank you so much
You're so much welcome
0 Replies

Candlelight8

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:04 pm
@secondaccount123456,
It sounds like you may need medication at this point. Your doctor can provide this without seeing a psychiatrist or psychologist. I know what your talking about. I hope you have a loved one who can massage this away but just make an appointment with your doctor. I'm concerned that you don't want others to know but tell it to the internet. Stop worrying about what other people think.
They have there own problems. After I started writing this I realize that I have already responded to a post of yours but this post sounded more desperate. You don't have to do anything the doctor says just talk to him or her and see what he or she recommends. If it sounds like a good idea do it. If it does not suit you don't. The doctor doesn't care one way or the other. How many posts have you been doing on this subject and for how long. It doesn't sound like it's
solving your problem. If you have a significant other lean on them and hold tight. If you have a fear of the doctor don't be afraid to kick him in the nuts should the need arise. I don't really know what your life circumstances are so I'm limited on what to recommend. The more money you have the more options you have. The more support you have from real people around you the better off you are. Suffering alone is the worst. You can do better. See a doctor. You decide what to do with his or her advice. My best wishes,
Candlelight8
secondaccount123456

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 06:13 am
@Candlelight8,
Thanks and I\'ve got maybe 3 posts about this, literally only write the first one last month, had just got to a point where I thought people who I don\'t know (internet) could be the only people I could tell, I\'ve never done anything like this before so I know talking to strangers might seem odd but I just realised on a bad day that I needed to say something
Really appreciated your last post thankyou
0 Replies