Those were the days: when was America greatest? When was life in the US best?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 11:23 am
@saw038,
It's basic supply and demand economics. That's what makes the world go around. You make something most people want, and people will buy it.
I love world travel. Without the convenience of airplanes that can fly half way around the world in one day, it would be difficult to travel far distances for most people whether for pleasure or business.
Cars are available in many styles and price ranges. The consumer has many choices to pick from. Hybrids are becoming more popular because the prices have been dropping with competition.
iPhones, iPads and iPods have taken over the market around the world, and Apple has become the richest company in the world.
It's an exciting time to be living in.
0 Replies

crystalclear

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 02:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
The fight will continue for many GENERATIONS to come. YES!
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 01:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
if you were a woman do you think you would have had the same life back then?
The issue here is "greatest for who"?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 11:42 am
@momoends,
Many women have made great careers for themselves. It doesn't mean they have equality, but it does mean progress.
Blacks are not treated equally in our society.
It's up to everybody to push for equality. That's what our country is all about.
When I worked for Florsheim Shoes in management, I was the first one to hire a woman auditor. I was the first Asian to work in management for the company.
I worked in management positions for over 80% of my working career. I gave women the same opportunity to grow in their jobs.
momoends

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
back then: a small percentage of the whole women population... women, black people or homosexuals are not treated equally in our society yet but its been a progress for us all in the last few years...
as you say: it doesn´t mean they have equality so... when was life in the us (or any other country) best? i t depends on the person you ask
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 12:23 pm
@momoends,
Also, during elections, I tended to vote for women over men.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 01:05 pm
@nimh,
"Those were the days: when was America greatest? When was life in the US best?"

The summer of 69
0 Replies