why dad's behavior has been changed suddenly and dramatically?

gurri

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2016 09:54 pm
why does my dad's behavior has been changed suddenly. This started when i moved to delhi. But now suddenly he is showing that my mom is not his wife that she is his maid every time one some other person is near he will start shouting at my mom and start finding mistake in her work that food is not right or any other things. And then suddenly he will change to very nice person. If my mom chats with some other relatives or womens he will start shouting that you dont need to talk to anyone even if she ia launghing while while talking to me he will get angry. My mom has knee problem and he is not willing to take her to doctor and every time says that i earn money i dont have enough time for your personal problems. I dont know what has happened? why is he behaving like this? And he does all these things to my mom only, for other persons he very nice person and no one will believe that he can behave like this . pls help me what to do what i can do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,107 • Replies: 7

dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 11:44 am
@gurri,
Gurri it sounds like he's losing it. Let's hear from the Psych Dept
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 11:57 am
@gurri,
A sudden change in behavior can often be a sign of a medical problem. Can you or your mother get your father to a doctor for a checkup?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 01:20 pm
@jespah,
Gru, Jes' suggestion pertinent tho hope we hear from some of our psych partis
0 Replies

gurri

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 02:08 pm
@jespah,
I am afraid he will not listen to us and get extremely angry.....
vikorr

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 03:34 pm
@gurri,
Although it could be a medical condition, there's other possible causes, such as him not wanting to be married anymore, but doesn't want to be the one to initiate the divorce. Both the delusional claims, and the anger can be signs of this.

The reason that is a possible cause is because the behaviour started when you moved - which is very coincidental. This scenario iss much more likely if you were the last child to move out, or if you were the last male child to move out....but then again, severe stress can trigger mental conditions, and also, coincidences do happen, so it could be medical.

A way to help determine if he is just looking for a way out of his marriage - if he thinks your mother is his maid, this is delusional...people can't help delusions (if it's a medical condition), and there will be delusions in other areas of his life and conversation.

In the end, you need to sit down and talk with a professional, and give them all the information you can.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 04:45 pm
@gurri,
He's already angry. And it can get worse.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 05:39 pm
@jespah,
Plus, he would be nice to the doctor.

Does your mother have family who can intercede? I'm guessing not, but there may be sympathy if you explore that.

This is an odd comment from me, but do you have any friends in the police? or would they be on his side (whatever that is)?
0 Replies