Relationship

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 10:00 pm
How would you feel if your boyfriend of about three months was planning to move into a two bedroom apartment with a single girl? They have been roommates prior, and live with another couple, so there are four of them now. The four of them hang out often , seeming from an outsider it's a double date. The girl roommate does not make an effort to include the girlfriend in any social events with the rest of the group, and becomes extremely irritable when the girlfriend becomes a part of the plans.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 886 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 10:05 pm
@Coley921,
It's difficult dating anyone who has a well-established social circle. The new romantic interest may stay outside of the pre-existing group for a long time.

My thinking on it is that I'm not interested in being part of that circle. My relationship is with one person, not the group. At the same time, I have to respect the connections in the group that existed before I came on the scene as a romantic partner.

Luckily/wisely, I always retained my own social circle and don't socialize only with my romantic partner/spouse. I continue to maintain my own personal life.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 11:37 pm
@ehBeth,
I've no experience with that, we mated immediately. We both had friends visiting over time, or over dinner, a good mix.

So, I've no immediate advice re sharing living quarters.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:40 am
@Coley921,
The problem is with your BF - not this girl.

HE has made you feel left out. HE has allowed you to be insulted by this girl.

Be careful having a relationship with a guy who can't stand up to the masses.
0 Replies