Mon Col,106 UK. Stinker

margsy

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 02:56 am
Can anyone please help me with these few clues
48a Ottoman Egyptian warriors (M?ME??K?S) could be MARMULUKS but not enough letters ,have another space to fill
103a Akbars mogul empire hub (?E?E)
90a Laptop memory units (D?IES)
48a Vi tal technology meta; (R????A?H)
Would be very grateful for any help, thank you. x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 872 • Replies: 5
No top replies

James34

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:39 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
48a...........MAMELUKES
103a.........AGRA
90a...........BYTES
48a...........RAREEARTH

Caught me just in time, have done the Monster and was getting ready to put the comps in an envelope. Hope this helps. Will not seal the envelope until you are finished
James
margsy

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 04:19 am
@James34,
Thank you so much James, your are a real good friend to help me, and looking at some of the words l will definitely have to change some, will contact you as soon as l have sorted it out this morning, once again THANK YOU, x
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 04:40 am
@James34,
l have done a quick check and there are a few that have really stymied me, lol
58a Endangered great ape (OD??O)
63d Dye fixing substance (??R?A?T)
154a Carved inscription scroll (C?ET?C?E)
135d Common explosive base {N?S??)compounds
l am sure that there is a simple word that would fit all these clues, but for the life of me l cannot think. But the other clues l need l am sure that with a bit more research l can find the answers.
l am now having to wait for another mag to come, l seem to have not received one other mag, cannot for the life of me think of the name, will have to rest my brain with a cuppa and play a few games and then hope to get back to it later, l do have a few more weeks. ttfn xx
James34

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 08:22 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
58a................BONOBO
63d................MORDANT
154a...............CARTOUCHE
135d...............NITRO

Hi you seem to have some letters wrong, use your word cruncher, though not all the words are in it. I just do t three mags, and joy The Colossus arrived this morning. Take care
James x
margsy

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 04:47 am
@James34,
Just came on line and saw your answers , will check them out. My Colossus came yesterday and have spent most of the morning doing it. Now have plenty to keep me occupied. My word cruncher certainly comes in handy, l also have a Collins one as well and sometimes it gives me words that the oxford one does not, odd that, so will say ttfn and speak later. Keep safe and warm.
0 Replies