First time asking a girl out. What's it all mean?

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 10:09 pm
So here's my story:
The other night a buddy and I stopped to get gas at like 4 in the morning. This really cute girl was working there and I wanted to ask her out but another customer came up in line behind us. Maybe that's just an excuse or my anxiety talking I don't know. Either way I end up leaving the gas station without asking her out or even pumping my own GAS! I was so frazzled and pissed at myself for not talking to her, I just left. So I come back and somebody is already at the pump. I have to go to the window and tell the girl my stupid ass story of "forgetting to pump gas at a gas station." She runs out and together her and I explain to guy my dumbass mistake. I try to offer him some money or something saying sorry for wasting your time. He says it's alright and it's the girls fault for not paying attention. She comes back out after going inside and turning on another pump for me. I go up to her and ask her name and I can tell she's tearing up a bit from the other mans words. I tell her my name and ask her out to dinner to make up for my foolish mistake and she says "it's alright it wasn't your fault." I then say regardless if it's my fault or not I'd still like to take you out to dinner. She then goes onto say she really works at another gas station and we could talk about it then. Also somewhere along the I must have grabbed her hand and she held it throughout our conversation. So in conclusion I'm basically asking what the hell does this mean? Is she interested? Why have me meet up at another location and another time? Sorry for the long post and if anybody has tips or some insight it would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading

Side note my friend stayed in the car the whole time in case that is useful information

chai2

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2016 10:39 pm
As a woman, if I were working somewhere at 4am and some man I never saw before started asking me out to dinner and holding my hand, I would have felt very much in danger. Especially seeing a male friend of the guy was waiting in the car.

And if you have to come back and ask why, I don't know that anyone can help you.
0 Replies

fRanTiC MasTro

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 11:34 am
@fRanTiC MasTro,
I get what you mean but, she didn't seem afraid. She was also squeezing my hand and caressing my thumb. Also if she was trying to avoid me or blow me off why would she tell me to "definitely come see her at the other gas station. So would it be a good idea for me to see her at the other gas station or just forget it all happened?
chai2

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 03:08 pm
@fRanTiC MasTro,
You have a very rich fantasy life
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 03:19 pm
@chai2,
Ah. The birth of feminism for cause...

I'm not a rad feminist, but geez whatta putz.
0 Replies

fRanTiC MasTro

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 04:39 pm
@chai2,
Do you actually have any useful advice or are you just gonna berate me? I've suffered from anxiety and depression for a while now and for some reason that night it was different. I have no idea how to or how not to ask a girl out.I genuinely wish to know if what I did was wrong and what to do from here. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to comment on my "fantasy" post but, if you're not going to provide actual help don't even bother.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 06:41 pm
@fRanTiC MasTro,
YOu don't ask a girl out at 4 am while she is working at the gas station and has no way out. You should have given her your phone number and ask if she's interested in talking to you at a more reasonable hour. The ball would have been in her court to either call your or not.

There are all kind of creeps at a gas station at 4 am in the morning. Put yourself in her shoes and then tell yourself that you were right..... can't do that, can you?
chai2

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 07:18 pm
@CalamityJane,
But....but....she was squeezing his hand and caressing his thumb cj!

At least in his mind she was.

Dude, she was telling you anything to get rid of you. All kinds of weirdos out and about at 4am.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 09:39 pm
@fRanTiC MasTro,
fRanTiC MasTro wrote:
So would it be a good idea for me to see her at the other gas station or just forget it all happened?

what would be the downside of going to see her at the other location and time she suggested?
fRanTiC MasTro

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 09:54 pm
@ehBeth,
That's the thing, she didn't give me a specific time she just said meet me at the other gas station sometime and we could talk about it more then. She also made sure I knew where the other station was.
0 Replies