A Perpetual Teenager

tcis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:40 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
A Perpetual Teenager. Character Flaw? A charming Peter Pan? Do I need to buckle down and grow up? Or is this just the way I was made and shaped?

A bad influence on my cubs...or teaching them the value of preserving a youthful outlook?

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Do you know my cubs? Teach them? interact with them? They are good students, polite, respectful, intelligent and a delight to all that know them.

Why bother asking the question if you are already convinced of the supposed answer in your own head?

Or are you?
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:40 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Do you know my cubs? Teach them? interact with them? They are good students, polite, respectful, intelligent and a delight to all that know them.

Why bother asking the question if you are already convinced of the answer in your head?

Or are you?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:42 pm
Why ask the question three times?

It was a joke thread, light hearted...most people got that....and even those who put the needle in did it with good humour as was intended.

Gosh, it just takes the sting out of everything when the safety patrol boys show up doesn't it kids?
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:48 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Why ask the question three times?
It was a joke thread, light hearted...most people got that....and even those who put the needle in did it with good humour as was intended.
Gosh, it just takes the sting out of everything when the safety patrol boys show up doesn't it kids?

And I was joking too. Laughing It seems like when the humor gets a little dryer than yours, you are the ones that get bent outta shape? Laughing

I apologize...I didn't know only certain people are allowed to joke on here.

Maybe I broke some sort of rule? Only you are allowed to joke around?

I posted the one word answers as sort of a lighthearted minimalist joke. Sorry to have upset anyone's delicate sensibilities or to have overstepped the bounds of what is considered proper humor. :wink:
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:51 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Very astute observation there tcis Rolling Eyes . My entire family embraces their 'inner child', and they are successful professional people in all manner of work including law, architecture, teaching, medicine, accounting, the list goes on. They have all raised good kids. We still all enjoy a good cuss word or offensive joke once in a while, and truly juvenile practices at family gatherings. That's what it means to be a responsible family, set an example, and let freedom reign when appropriate. Lighten up.

cav,

Thank you for the lecture on raising children properly along with the summary on your successful family.

Perhaps you could also consider lightening up a bit. Minimalist humor! I guess I need to post smileys with all my replies or something. Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 03:59 pm
tcis, I am indeed sorry for over-analyzing. Laughing Sometimes those smilies help. As minimalist humour, I like it. No hard feelings?
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:02 pm
cav,

Of course no hard feelings. I enjoy reading your posts and am always happy when I catch you on here (most of the time). Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:11 pm
tcis wrote:
I apologize...I didn't know only certain people are allowed to joke on here.

well keep it in mind....and watch yourself..... :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 04:12 pm
Thanks tcis. I tend towards the base sometimes, but do indeed have a moral center. I suppose that's why I like that damned bear so much....
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 09:21 am
I am totally with Pheonix here.

I feel the same way about faith. There is a difference between beliving child-like - or beliving like a child.

The former is very easily duped - while the latter is whole hearted belief.

Professa
0 Replies