Does he like me?

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 03:05 am
Hello everyone! Smile I am new here and I really hope that you can help me because I am extremely confused right now. So a little over 2 months ago a boy texted me on fb and we talked for like 3hrs, after a couple of days we talked again and ever since we have been communicating on fb quite frequently - like 2-3 times a week. We went for a coffe 2 times, then went for a walk in the evening and stayed out till like midnight, but he never did anything. I mean didn't hug me, or attempted to do so, nothing. When he first texted me he said he did it because I seemed nice so he wanted to get to know me. Everytime we go out we laugh a lot, talk about random stuff, childhood memories, everything. Next week we arranged to go out again, but he doesn't refer to it as a date. I really started to like him but I can't tell if he likes me back or if he just sees me as a good friend Sad If you need any additional information in order to help me, please say! I really need to know what other people think of this. Maybe I am just overthinking...

jespah

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 06:04 am
@BrightDemon,
It's 2016.

This time, you do the asking. Ask him to something that sounds a lot more like a date, such as dinner or a movie (or both). And be specific. Tell him, "Jeff (or whatever his name is), let's make this one a real date."

He will react in any of the following ways:
  1. Relieved that you took the initiative because he wasn't sure whether you liked him back.
  2. Backing off and stammering something about just being friends or having a girlfriend, etc. Not the best way for him to communicate this, but at least you'll know or
  3. Getting all huffy because he wanted to be the one to do the pursuing.

#3 is least likely to happen. You've got nothing to lose, and I bet it's #1.
0 Replies

BrightDemon

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 02:18 am
Thank you very much for the advice! I gathered all my courage and asked him out and he agreed but told me that this time he wants me to choose where should we go and what should we do (I guess that's a good thing, right?). And now I really don't know what to suggest because we are both not into all the fancy stuff, so I was wondering would it be a good idea to ask him to go to a park or something and I could bring some sort of a snack and play truth or dare (we'll be going out in the evening )? Because I prefer it to be more casual and we alway tend to talk a lot when we are together so a game would just make things more fun, right? Would he think it's lame? Thanks in advance to everyone who had the patience to read all of this Very Happy
jespah

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 03:30 am
@BrightDemon,
I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. Take a sweater; it gets chilly! Smile
BrightDemon

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 07:47 am
@jespah,
thank you Smile
0 Replies