If not at the same time, should all people use A2K?

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:55 am
Of course, not everyone on Earth could use the site at the same time, but could it be so if everyone used the site at different times?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,297 • Replies: 23

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:11 am
@Thomas33,
No. That's what competition is all about. The best sites will attract the best people to it. I come to a2k for entertainment and education. As long as I get both, I'll stick around. I admire many of this sites posters for their knowledge and humor.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yea Cis it's remarkable how much effort some expend on a single posting. I've asked of many, "what drew you to a2k" and remarkably your comment above is the only response I've gotten, even if I'm not being directly addressed
RABEL222

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:09 pm
@dalehileman,
You dident ask me why I am here but for what its worth I enjoy hearing other peoples opinions right up to the point where they claim their opinion is fact. Thats where I go into attack mode. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:53 pm
@dalehileman,
I'll also add the fact that I have met many a2k posters in the US, England, Germany, Mexico, and Russia. Yes, Russia.
Blickers

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 08:35 pm
If everyone used the site at different times? I assume you mean different times of the day, so that everyone in the world uses this site everyday.

I don't know what the capacity or bandwidth of this site is, but I'll take a guess and say this site could handle 5,000 people on it at one time, assuming everyone is sticking to the normal ratio of time reading vs time actually posting.

The world population is now 7.4 Billion, or 7,400,000,000 people. If everyone in the world used this site sometime during the day, and they all got together to come in at agreed on times, then assuming equal time for all, (A2K wouldn't have it any other way), each person would be allowed to be on here for 5,000 / 7,400,000,000 of a day.
Or 1 / 1,480,000 of a day.
Or 1 / 61,666.6666 of an hour.
Or 1 / 1,027 of a minute.
Or 1 /17 of a second.

So the answer is, unless everyone in the world learns how to read and write really fast, they can't use this site for a certain period of time everyday.

All computations come with a money-back guarantee. Mr. Green
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 08:38 pm
@Blickers,
I like that money back guarantee! LOL
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:51 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You didn't ask me why I am here
Rab I do so herewith

Quote:
... I enjoy hearing other peoples opinions right up to ....
You're welcome to any of mine

Quote:
claim their opinion is fact... go into attack mode
No offense Rab but why bother
George

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:21 pm
Clearly, each and every person on Earth should use A2K. It's right up there
with flossing.

By the way, if everyone flossed at the same time, would that affect the
Earth's orbit?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:47 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

Of course, not everyone on Earth could use the site at the same time, but could it be so if everyone used the site at different times?

Given that this is a free site that's basically English language only, an insane level of online traffic would piss the living hell out of the forum's site host. Robert would be smacked in the back of his head with an insane (and rightfully so) fees to cover the online traffic jam.

Also, we get enough schizophrenic conspiracy theorists as is, let alone increase that bring a global population. We get enough spammers and proRussian-Ukrainian propagandists as is. So, double nope to your question.
George

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Kinda harsh, T.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:08 pm
If global warming was real would peaches taste like the color red?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:09 pm
The the earth was really round would the game 'ring around the rosie' be a symbol of perpetual energy?
George

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:24 pm
@maporsche,
Now you're just being silly.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
many a2k posters in the US, England, Germany, Mexico, and Russia.
Yea, thanks again, I'm positively astounded
dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:33 pm
@George,
Quote:
right up there with flossing
Geo, again you've made my day

It's interesting to note at this point that some of the experts say flossing is ng, doesn't help much, which I find hard to believe
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:45 pm
@dalehileman,
Walter has crossed the pond several times to visit the US. When he came to San Francisco, he came to visit our home, and met with a group in San Francisco. When he went to Chicago, I also went to spend time with a2kers. I know he met people in NYC.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:49 pm
@dalehileman,
Anything as annoying as flossing has GOT to be good for you.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 02:16 pm
@George,
Geo, exactly
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 04:12 pm
@Thomas33,
Should not be tagged politics