How does the relation of husband wife get affected after having a new born?

ajohn

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 11:52 pm
Lots of differences coming between us after having a new born. Taking care of baby is a big challenge I guess. We both are working and baby has to stay with his grand parents. What do you suggest on it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 560 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 07:32 am
@ajohn,
Are you talking about your relationship? Your sex life? Something else?
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 08:15 am
@ajohn,
Yes taking care of a new born can be a challenge - you are tired a lot. Bringing to grandparents house and working and taking care of house chores can be tiring.

Can you also have grandparents watch the new born for a few hours on the weekend and you and your spouse go out to a movie, dinner, or just a walk by yourselves?

Here is another thought if you can't - can you go out to dinner or a movie with your newborn? How cranky is the baby? We used to go out to dinner with our baby all the time - she was pretty easy going so we would just bring her where ever we wanted to go -- you need some play time. A new born sleeps - so if you have an easy baby you simply go out; keep the baby in the carseat while you enjoy yourself. Other ways - put the baby in a snuggly and go for a hike.

To be honest with our first, our playtime didn't change much. Yes we were tired during the week with work and taking care of the baby, but the weekends we just packed her up and brought her where ever we went.
boomerang

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 08:49 am
@ajohn,
There is a really good book on this topic called "All Joy and No Fun". I highly recommend it.

It isn't a parenting book -- it's a book about how parenthood changes us and our relationships.
ajohn

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:35 am
@boomerang,
Thanks boom. Looks I really need it.
0 Replies

ajohn

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:38 am
@Linkat,
Exactly Link this is what I am actually facing. We husband wife are not getting time for each other. My wife is all time busy with the baby. Since it is our first baby so we are finding it little difficult to manage.
0 Replies

ajohn

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:40 am
@jespah,
It is all about managing time to spend with.
0 Replies

niedeckerlorine1

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 06:59 am
@ajohn,
No this is not the fact, if you do some prior study related to it you can definitely deal with these situations effectively. Babynology has many parenting articles which are very important for parents to follow.
Babies are like sponge, they learn whatever you teach him or what they see and hear. If you will fight with your partner, then definitely child will get spoiled.
Divide your work and schedule it properly.
0 Replies