John Wandel

JPB

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 06:33 pm
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Wallace_and_gromit.jpg
roger

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 07:22 pm
@JPB,
I love it, JPB. Saddened at the loss of John as well.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 08:50 pm
@roger,
I too read this on face-book and actually had to re-read.

For some time I'd see family photos that John would put up, such a Proud Father, I never realised that he was perhaps, doing it for a reason...

RIP.. Very gentle man with a lot of love to give.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 03:42 am
I spotted it on the Yabba thread. A decent bloke, and a real shame.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 08:58 am
RIP John, condolences to your family and thanks for the lively discussions and your insightful views...

Unfortunate news. Sad
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 07:50 pm
He truly was a kind soul - loved his kids and was so proud of them. From his facebook one can see how much they loved him back. His youngest, Annie, is not even 16 years old. He'll be missed by all..... Gute Reise, John!
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 01:48 am
@CalamityJane,
I will really miss him. Even though he was not participating much in the last two years, he was the spirit behind several enduring threads.

Dammit John, why'd you up an go so soon?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 01:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
could you post what was on fb ? Id like to see how some of the old A2Kers ho knew hi voice hd remembered him?

THANKS
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 08:19 pm
http://www.drechslerbrownwilliams.com/obituaries/John-W-Wandel?obId=1050223#/obituaryInfo

Quote:

John W. Wandel, age 62, of Oak Park, formerly of Evanston; beloved husband of Xiaoyin “Charlene” Tang; loving father of Katrina, Jeremy “Dexter”, Nathan (Lisa) Wandel, and Annie Tang; dear brother of Bill (Fran) Wandel, Gerda (Robert) Kovar, and Bernie Wandel; cherished cousin and uncle. John was preceded in death by his parents Joseph and Maria Wandel. He graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University and was an employee of the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board for 35 years. Donations to American Cancer Society. Services are private.
farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 04:33 am
@ehBeth,
thanks. The obit is brief and so like his voice here.
he was quite private about himself. He just burst with pride over his kids.

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 03:42 am
Katrina Wandel has posted an appeal on FB. She has given me permission to share it here.

This past August we lost our husband, father, brother and friend, John Wandel, to prostate cancer. I have been thinking of ways I can honor him and Movember kept popping to mind. So this Movember, since I can't grow a mustache, I will be moving for Dad.
Dad would have been 63 this January, so for the month of Movember, I am going to walk/run at least 63 Miles. Plus per day I will do 63 second planks, 63 ab exercises, 63 arm dips and 63 squats. I have also made a goal to have 10 friends donate $20 in the month of November.
Ways to participate:
* Join my team and challenge here: https://us.movember.com/mospace/13401986
* Message me for my work out challenge calendar to join along starting November 1st
* Be one of my 10 friends that donates $20: http://mosista.co/movingfordad
Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men worldwide. The Movember Foundation is working to halve the number of deaths from prostate cancer by 2030, and I want to help them get there. Help me stop men dying too young.

0 Replies