Very confused

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:44 am
Okay. This is kind of a crazy story and makes me come off as a piece of crap but it is what it is. For the past 5 years I've been in a relationship I have just been unhappy in. Made the even bigger mistake of getting married last year. But I believe I did all that just because I didn't want people to hate me for leaving her, especially since we have 2 kids. She got pregnant 6 months after we started dating so I suppose I felt trapped and just bottled everything up. Well, I would say I reached a point where I couldn't take it any more and instead of manning up and leaving I started talking to a coworker. Now I would say it took about two months of just kind of flirting around at work and stuff before I decided I would see if anything was really there with this girl. It started out as a physical attraction for sure. So one thing led to another and one day after work we hooked up, and then the next day as well. Then we got closer, would talk all day long about everything and anything. We really got to know each other. Then she backed off. I couldn't really figure out why so I decided maybe if I finally leave my wife then I could be happy with this girl. Well I finally broke the news to her that I wanted a divorce and of course she took it horribly. And when I told my "friend" this she decided to come back to me, saying she didn't wanna make a mess before. So everything was good for about two weeks, we continually got closer and we both said we loved each other, said we've been waiting for each other our entire lives. She seemed like she has never been properly loved honestly. Like she dated one too many douches. Not saying I'm perfect because of what I did is wrong, but I know how to love someone very well. I even told her like a little paragraph of how I feel and she said it was the most sincere thing anyone ever said to her. So things were going good, we would hang out at work and hold hands and hook up sometimes after work. But then she backed off again completely. And when that happened I kinda freaked out and probably put too much pressure on her I guess to be with me. I kept asking her why all of a sudden she doesn't wanna be with me, and she said she just doesn't want a relationship. It's been a month of this now but I still can't help but think she is seriously conflicted about being with me. I tried giving her space but I always end up caving and sending her something asking her why we can't be together, we were so good and we both made each other so happy. So now I have a divorce to go through and she is out of the picture as well. And she isn't the only reason for my divorce and I've told her that several times. I just wanna be happy and I was so happy with this girl. I guess it's important to note she is 6 years older then me and lives an hour away but it doesn't bother me. Nothing about her bothers me. We are different people, and we both always said that differences are good. So now I'm just not sure what to do. I messaged her yesterday and asked her what's going on and she said she doesn't want to be in a relationship and that apparently we can't be friends, which is true because she is the most beautiful girl on this planet to me and after everything we've gone through together I simply can't let it all go and don't understand how she could either. I asked her today if we can go for a walk after work this weekend to see what's there and just to see if we can get back to where we were or at least to give me a chance. She read it but no response. I know I should probably leave her alone but I feel like persistence can sometimes work but I'm just probably blinded by love at this point. We both said we feel like we were supposed to find each other, and maybe I just need to put in the work for her, seems wrong but love is weird sometimes.

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 09:59 am
@AFiddzz66,
one thing at a time

AFiddzz66 wrote:
So now I have a divorce to go through

get your divorce sorted. figure out your relationship with your children and ex-wife. get your post-marriage life stable.

get used to being on your own - figure out what will make you a good partner in an adult relationship.

maybe at that point, your current crush will be interested/available. maybe not. in either case, you'll be a grown-up with a better sense of healthy partnerships/relationships.
AFiddzz66

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:05 am
@ehBeth,
I will say I do have things sorted out, I kinda typed all this very fast and left out details. But I appreciate what you said, and maybe our story is just one that'll take a little time to tell.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:05 am
@AFiddzz66,
Is your divorce complete?
AFiddzz66

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:08 am
@ehBeth,
It's not 100 percent but we know how everything is gonna be. No lawyers involved or anything. It's been about two months since I first said I wanted this.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:15 am
@AFiddzz66,
Are you living independently?
AFiddzz66

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:18 am
@ehBeth,
Just about. I have a best friend that is gonna move in and help me out beginning of September.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:23 am
@AFiddzz66,
Once you've been out on your own for a while (3 - 6 months) , have the divorce settled and your new routine with your children settled, you'll be in a good place to consider pursuing a new relationship.

On the way there, perhaps your crush will consider a friendship. Try to make it clear you're looking for a friend, not a partner, at this stage. It might help.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:32 am
Odd: she wanted you when you weren't free.

Now that you are free, she doesn't want you.

See if you can figure this out.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:44 am
@PUNKEY,
She already started backing off before he mentioned a divorce so that doesn't apply.
AFiddzz66

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:49 am
@ehBeth,
The closest we got since she backed off was when her daughter was in the hospital, she is a little unhinged, and she's 17 years old and she basically asked me why I would wanna be apart of all of that and I just it's because I love you and that I don't care about any of the drama in her life. Ever since then it's been different.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:01 am
@AFiddzz66,
That might have been a good opportunity to tell her that you were there to support her because you are her friend. Ask what you can do for her as a friend etc.

"I think of you as a good friend and I'd like to know how I can help out right now."

Declarations of love can be off-putting at times of stress. Seems like the other person is trying to move the focus to themselves and their declaration.

The basis of a good, strong, long-lasting relationship is friendship. The romance wobbles on and off, but the friendship can sustain the relationship at those times.
AFiddzz66

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 12:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Man I wish I would of heard this sooner haha. I'm pretty confident she knows and did know then I support her through everything and would have. But I totally get what you said and it helped me a lot right now.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Very confused
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:36:46