How the Bible Reveals that Jesus and God are Two Separate Persons

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 05:59 am
One of the reasons why some people find belief in God to be somewhat difficult is that there are many teachings promoted that do not truthfully reveal who he is. For example, the teaching that Jesus and God are the same person confuses many. But when this teaching is compared to what the Bible says, we find that it has no foundation in the Bible.

For example, the trinity states that there are three persons and yet not three but one. They are all co-equal in power, authority and wisdom. This should especially by true when we consider Jesus being in heaven and not on the earth.

But now compare that to what the Bible says at 1st Corinthians 15:24-28, where the Bible clearly shows that once Jesus has completed everything assigned to him he will "give up" the Kingship. Here is the question, if he is God, who could he give the Kingship up to? Thus the shows that Jesus is not equal in authority to his Father even while in heaven. Remember, this book was written well after Jesus had been resurrected to heaven.

Note another example. Revelation 1:1. Like the book of 1st Corinthians, Revelation was written well after Jesus has been resurrected to heaven. But note very closely what the verse says in its opening statements.

It says: "a revelation by Jesus Christ, "which God Gave him"

Many read this verse and pass right over what it obviously reveals. Jesus says he was given a revelation that he in turn related to an angel who then transmitted it to the apostle John. This is while Jesus is in heaven as a mighty spirit being. Yes, even while in heaven Jesus reveals that his is also not equal to his Father in knowledge.

Thus, while many mainstream religions promote the teaching that Jesus and Jehovah are the same person, the Bible does not agree. Thus, the Bible reveals this teaching to be false.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,116 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 07:39 am
@anthony1312002,
It still amazes me that anyone honestly came up with the 'trinity'.
anthony1312002

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 08:41 am
@Leadfoot,
Yes, no doubt a measure of not doing their own personal research and just taking the word of others has contributed to this. Not to mention those who just want to promote what they feel the Bible should teach.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 05:10 am
@anthony1312002,
Many folk admire Harry Potter because he's a really good quidich/ditch (Don't care) player.
But, he's fictitious, nonetheless.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 12:48 pm
We know Jesus is NOT God because he said so himself often enough, check it..Smile
Jesus said - "I am going to the Father, for My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )
Jesus said:-"Why do you call me good? Only God is good" (Luke 18:19)
Jesus said "Only God knows when Judgement Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
High Priest asked-"Are you the Son of God?", Jesus replied - "I am" (Mark 14:61)
Jesus said - "I only say what my Father tells me to say" (John 12:49)
Jesus said to Peter:-"My Father has revealed to you that I'm the Son of God" (Matt 16:15)
The angel said- "You [Mary] will give birth to the Son of God" (Luke 1:35)
And even demons knew who he was:-
"Jesus Son of God don't torment me" (Mark 5:7-9)
God himself said "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)

anthony1312002

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 10:37 am
@High Strangeness,
Very good use of the texts as these all make it so clear that Jesus is not God. This helps us to see how the Bible actively fights falsehood when it comes to various teachings. Especially is this so with the Trinity.
High Strangeness

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:48 pm
@anthony1312002,
Yes, it's plain that Jesus wasn't God, but there are lots of "spiritual perverts" around who say he IS God.
It's a vanity thing, they like to think they can see things in verses that the rest of us poor slobs can't, but they can't get under the Bible's radar-

"If anyone preaches a perverted gospel they're accursed" (Gal 1:6-9)
"Some want to teach the law,but don't understand it" (1 Tim 1:7)
"Ignorant people distort things, to their own destruction" (2 Pet 3:16/17)

anthony1312002

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:02 pm
@High Strangeness,
We also have many that are very sincere in what they believe. It's just that they have been lied to by people they trust such as their ministers who know better. By highlighting the Kingdom it may be possible to help those who have been deceived.
High Strangeness

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:15 pm
@anthony1312002,
A typical slimline gospel can be picked up for a few pence at any bookshop (or free from Christian groups) and is easy to understand and can be read in a day or two, so it beats me why people think they need ministers as "middlemen". The people who heard Jesus certainly didn't..Smile-

Jesus said:-"Call nobody teacher except me" (Matt 23:8-10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

anthony1312002

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:37 pm
@High Strangeness,
Well, that's why Jesus trained his disciples the way he did. He knew that for the most part people would need help to understand what the Bible taught. To know the difference from what the Pharisees (false religious leaders) had been teaching and what the Bible really says. It's the same today.

For example, note Romans 10:13, 14 where it says: "13 For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved. 14 However, how will they call on him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach?"

This is where true disciples of Jesus can help people understand what the Bible really does teach. Then these ones can defend themselves against being deceived.
High Strangeness

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 04:03 pm
@anthony1312002,
said- "This is where true disciples of Jesus can help people understand what the Bible really does teach"
---------------------------------------

I shouldn't think people need much help to take this on board-
Jesus said- "Love God, love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor" (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25:37-40)

anthony1312002

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:44 am
@High Strangeness,
Thats true. You and I would understand that. But remember that Satan has been very busy distracting people from the truth. 2 Corinthians 4:4 states: "he has been busy blinding peoples minds so that the good news about the Christ, who is in the image of God, might not shine through."

Yes, Satan is working hard to prevent people from having access to the truth of the Bible. But this is another reason why Jesus said that his disciples would be busy preaching and teaching the truth about him and his Father earth wide at Matthew 24:14
0 Replies