If everyone can speak the same facts, should everyone know of those same facts from everyone?

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 11:06 am
Is bias right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 10
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:45 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas33 wrote:

Is bias right?

It's usually more of a left thing.
Thomas33

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 01:03 pm
@McGentrix,
How do you mean?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 08:12 pm
It was a joke, sorry. American politics are severely split between what is commonly known as Left (liberal/democrat) vs Right (conservative/republican). So by saying that bias was a "left" thing, I meant that my political opponents are more prone to bias...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 08:56 pm
@Thomas33,
For the individual, yes. Since our lives are built on personal, subjective, perceptions, the outlook is also subjective based on bias. That's the reason why there are supporters of democrats vs republicans, christians vs other religions, war vs peace, and love vs hate.
Thomas33

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 09:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
Let's take the miners who were involved in the UK miner's strike of 1984: if the supernatural is a fact, is it wrong that the people involved in the miner's strike haven't been known by everyone else to have spoken of the supernatural as a fact?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 10:49 am
@Thomas33,
I'm not talking about supernatural. I'm talking about subjective perceptions by individuals. It doesn't matter whether it's about religion, politics, or most other things that are divided. Most are influenced by the environment in which they live, their parents, siblings and their peers.
Thomas33

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 12:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I was trying to draw from the original question, about facts.
If the miners who striked in 1984 apply to any technological development in the universe, is there an onus on anyone to make sure those people in 1984 speak those developments?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 02:37 pm
@Thomas33,
I thought you were talking about bias. Facts are objective. I rely on science for facts.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 05:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Bias is also be influenced by the life one lives and the conditions of that life.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 05:56 pm
@RABEL222,
I agree 100%. I have three siblings. We have all had different lives after we left home. I left home at 17, and moved to Oakland from Sacramento to finish my last year of high school. Bummed around for a couple of years, then enlisted into the USAF for four years. I requested assignment in Japan, but they sent me Morocco for one year. I was able to visit Paris, Madrid and London, and fell in love with travel. Have traveled to 85 countries on over 200 trips since then. Ya never know what the box of chocolates is gonna give ya.
0 Replies