What makes you keep her in "friend zone"?

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 01:32 pm
Hi guys and gals,

A bit of introduction: I'm single and never had a boyfriend, turning 24 before this year ends. I have no problem with men, in fact I love hanging out with my guy friends. When it comes to dating, well, I tried once and I got nervous because I am not used to it. I felt that I am not the right girl to be asked out. When it comes to relationship, I believe that friendship is the foundation of good relationship. So, every man who liked me I treated them like a friend, and I let that relationship work out on its own. As it goes on, I started to like them. And when I like someone it's obvious that I like him. Though I still remain calm. The more I develop feelings to them, men get distant, tend to be busy, and when I lose my coolness, they would finally admit that they see me only as friend.

Base on my experience, man comes once in a blue moon. And yet, all the guy I like keeps me on friend zone. I don't want to reach 30's, 40's without experiencing being taken. Well, I hope someday...

Any advice?

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 02:21 pm
Yup - stop thinking relationships are like remodeling your bathroom or solving an algebra equation.

You haven't been head over heels in love yet. You don't want to miss that.
Hanermie

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 03:33 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yes, thanks for answering. To clarify about my post, I wonder what I have done wrong. All the guys i like they dont see me as their potential partner. What makes me or a woman be just only a man's friend?
jespah

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 03:36 pm
@Hanermie,
Hanermie wrote:

... And when I like someone it's obvious that I like him. Though I still remain calm. ...

You might want to rethink these two sentences. While you don't need to wear a flashing neon sign, I bet you're not signaling interest at all.

So stop waiting to be chased. It's 2016. Say to your current or next object of desire, "Do you want to go out sometime?" And see what happens.
contrex

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 03:37 pm
@Hanermie,
Hanermie wrote:
All the guys i like they dont see me as their potential partner.

You just haven't met anyone yet who would see you that way. That's normal. For most of us, much of the opposite sex won't see us as potential partners. That doesn't matter, because we only want one.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 08:41 pm
@Hanermie,
Hanermie wrote:
And when I like someone it's obvious that I like him.

what do you do to make it obvious you like someone?
Hanermie

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 09:37 am
@ehBeth,
Hi ehBeth,

Thanks for replying.

Well, I am texting him more often like everyday, getting concern even though I should not.. texting a guy often makes me start to feel something (only if I find him interesting)
ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 09:39 am
@Hanermie,
Do you tell them that you're interested?

Do you ask them out?

Hanermie

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 09:57 am
@contrex,
Hi Contrex,

Thanks for dropping by.

I guess you are right but I feel like I am running out of time. More women younger than me had and continue experiencing of being in a relationship. And when I look at myself, I have no interesting story to share. It made me think there's something wrong with me or with the things I am doing, because the result is still the same. But thanks for your advice, I've gain confidence that somewhere out there would be the righteous one for me.
Hanermie

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 10:03 am
@ehBeth,
No, not yet, I am scared to ask him out because he might think that I am deeply interested at him.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 10:07 am
@Hanermie,
Ask if he'd like to go out for a coffee or out to a movie.

If you'don't, you'll never find out if he has any interest in you.

___

Deeply interested? no. Inviting someone for coffee/movie or similar does not necessarily indicate deep interest.
Hanermie

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 10:13 am
@jespah,
Hi Jespah,

Thanks for replying.

Mmmm.. I haven't try that because I'm thinking that he might think of me or see me that I am interested in hook up, and if that happens, he won't treat me seriously. Also he might think of me that I am so interested to him. But, since I haven't tried it, I might give it a try. It might work wonder. Thanks for the advice.
Hanermie

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 10:20 am
@ehBeth,
I might give it a shot but I'm just worried how he will see me but how will I know if my intuition is right if not giving it a try? Thanks for giving me confidence.
jespah

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 10:29 am
@Hanermie,
Asking someone out does not have to automatically sound like you want a hookup. And if you don't, and the guy assumes you do, then that tells you a lot about him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 11:34 am
@Hanermie,
If you received an invitation to go out for coffee, would you assume the person was looking for a hook-up?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 12:40 pm
@Hanermie,
Hanermie wrote:
I feel like I am running out of time.

You are 23. You are not 'running out of time'.
0 Replies