Reasons People Vote for Republicans, Democrats, or Independents

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 10:54 am
Would like to start a discussion and get input from different perspectives. I would like to focus the discussion on ALL THREE of the following questions.

1. Why do you think voters vote for republicans?
2. Why do you think voters vote for democrats?
3. Why do you think voters vote for independents?

dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 12:10 pm
@Real Music,
1. Folk more con for one reason or another
2. Folk more lib

3. Good q Real, I've entertained it. Long been put off by the notion that anybody who thinks at all would classify himself as a 1 or 2: Decide which one you are, then accept all its opinions and approaches

If there's a God then there must have been a Jesus, and queers are abnormal

Yet I suppose that's one reason for calling oneself 3 tho not a good'n
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 02:02 pm
Because they are stupid.

Because they are decent.

Because they are crazy.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 03:41 pm
I myself vote for people according to all of the ideas which they present. This has brought me to voting for Democrats at times, Republicans at times and Independents at times. I'm not one toe the party line or follow what is in essence a herd mentality.

Others can do as they see fit but at times it seems a dozen or so paces beyond nuts. My mother (who incidentally was schizophrenic) only voted for Democrats. Nothing else. If a woman was running that got her vote. If no women then she would look for a minority. I've seen others behave in a similar manner. It baffles me that seemingly intelligent people are unable or perhaps unwilling to vote for the best. People buy food in like manner. They purchase the most popular brand, even if it has been found to be less nutritious, higher in fat and sodium and more expensive, even with double coupon savings.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2016 08:29 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:

1. I believe that people vote republican because they believe that republicans will shrink the size of government. They believe that republicans will lower taxes. They believe that republicans will cut government waste. They believe that republicans will build a maintain a strong military. They believe that the other political party wants to take away their guns. They believe that government is the cause of most of our problems. They believe that the private sector is the solution to most of our problems.

2. I believe that people vote democrat because they believe that democrats will preserve social safety nets like social security, medicare, and Medicaid, housing assistance, and WIC. They believe that democrats are reluctant to engage in military wars. They believe that the other political party wants to ban all abortions. They believe that democrats will raise taxes on the wealthy to help fund the government. They believe that the private sector left unchecked is the cause of most of our problems. They believe that the government regulating the private sector is the solution to most of our problems.

3. I believe independents are mostly democrats and republicans. I believe independents are actually democrats who feel that the democratic party is too liberal or is not liberal enough. Equally, I believe that independents are actually republicans who feel that the republican party is too conservative or not conservative enough. I believe that almost all independents are essentially democrats or republicans.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 02:18 pm
@Real Music,
I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment.

You forgot tribalism though.

You were too nice.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 04:18 pm
@Real Music,
1. People who vote for Republicans care about the Constitution and civil rights. They vote for Republicans because Republicans also care about the Constitution and civil rights, and will fight to protect them.

2. People who vote for Democrats hate the Constitution and civil rights. They vote for Democrats because the Democrats are dedicated to abolishing the Constitution and civil rights.

3. I have no idea why people vote for independents/third parties. Maybe it is because they (the voter) had a stroke.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:59 pm

Published May 15, 2019

Quote:
Nearly four-in-ten U.S. adults (38%) identify as politically independent, but most “lean” toward one of the two major parties.

Only 7% of Americans overall don’t express a partisan leaning, while 13% lean toward the Republican Party and 17% lean toward the Democratic Party.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/05/15/facts-about-us-political-independents/
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:17 pm
In the US it doesn't matter. There's so little difference the between the pubs and dems, that who gives a ****. Does anyone really think the US will improve/decline if the orange haired chimp is replaced by child groper Biden?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Reasons People Vote for Republicans, Democrats, or Independents
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:28:14