Can We Have a Roll Call?

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:42 pm
@snood,
I suspect that this long list of Trump's bad qualities and deeds are only the tip of the iceberg.
snood

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:48 pm
@TomTomBinks,
You don't have to look hard to find the stuff.

Makes you wonder about guys like this...

Finn:
Quote:
What a villian!

glitterbag

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2016 11:08 pm
@snood,
Anything I may say would be just polishing a turd. No matter what you do, it's still a smelly lump of excrement.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 03:16 am
5. They should both be in prison.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 04:25 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So, is that support for trump as the lesser of two evils?

Ok.......
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 04:43 am
@maxdancona,
But you don't say how Trump will be a disaster...it's obvious your only reason is emotional.

I have some problems with Trump... he's inarticulate only of average intelligence and a little bit immature but he laid out his picks for the Supreme Court ...Hillary hasn't. But then again we know what she's going to do to the court which will affect this country until far after we're all dead and that's going to be a disaster. Because when it comes to the court I don't want activist judges who will legislate From the Bench. I don't want a president who will usurp Authority by violating
separation of powers.

The media is trying to make a big deal of the fact that Trump shouldn't have access to the nuclear codes as if all he had to do was push a button in a fit of rage and launch a nuclear attack against somebody he doesn't like and the idiot American public believes that.
giujohn

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 04:54 am
@maxdancona,
Oh give me a ******* break.

It's more than crystal clear that his America first stance is purely about the deals and treaties that have been made that take advantage of the United States and its people in the loss of jobs and the debt and deficit we experience. When it comes to this subject I want a ruthless bastard on my side not some bleeding
heart liberal apologist.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 05:00 am
@giujohn,
No Guijohn, I have very specific reasons that I think Trump would be a disaster.

I don't compare very many people to Adolf Hitler, in fact I have never compared a Republican or Democratic candidate for president... or for any political office... to Hitler. Trump is an exception.

- He is running on fear and hatred of immigrants.
- He is running on nationalistic anger and hurt.
- He openly flouts national standards and international law on torture.
- He lashes out against ethnic and religious minorities.

The other stuff... his simplistic economic policies geared toward letting the rich get richer, his lack of any real foreign policy knowledge and his social ineptness toward the disabled and babies are all bad too.

Trump is running on anger, hatred and fear. He is appealing to the worst parts of human nature. That is why the thought of a Trump presidency scares the hell out of me.

I have never felt this way about any other political candidate (except maybe Lyndon Larouche).
giujohn

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 05:28 am
@maxdancona,
As I expected purely emotional. I see past the campaigning, I don't believe for a minute that Trump believes half the things he says but then again I can apply that same line of thought to Hillary.

Do you honestly believe that Hillary is going to improve life in the ghetto for your average black person when 8 years of Obama has made it worse. Do you actually believe her when she says that she's going to fix the crumbling infrastructure in this country when the billions that have been allocated for it over the last 8 years and hardly a dime has been used to actually fix the problem and she's asking for more money to accomplish it?

You're a little politically naive if you're buying into what either of them have to say when they're campaigning.

The only thing that concerns me as I stated before is which president has the least likelihood of usurping the authority of the Constitution the United States... Trump is saying the right things especially with his pics for scotus... Do I trust him 100%?...no I don't trust any politician, but I'm willing to take the risk .

I do know Bill and Hillary and Obamas track record and I don't trust her as far as I can spit. Trump is a one-dimensional crude and simplistic but I'll take that over a lying conniving power grabbing at any cost smiling polished politician any day.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 07:05 am
@snood,
Quote:
You don't have to look hard to find the stuff.

Yeah, he's been a public figure for decades, and a douchebag for longer than that. I'm surprised his political opponents (in the primaries and now in the general election) haven't been dredging up more examples of his reprehensible behavior.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 07:55 am
Lets stipulate that Trump is not a good guy, and leave each other to our own definition of "evil"

If you choose #2 #4 or #5 it pretty well assumes you don't think much of Trump, and doubt it's any different if you choose #1

Hey, if he wins and starts acting like a tyrant, we can all unite in opposition to him. Won't that be a change?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 07:57 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Let's hope it doesn't come to that Finn. Opposing a tyrant doesn't always turn out so well for the people in the opposition.
engineer

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 08:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Put me down for (1).

- Well qualified with a solid track record of performing well in a variety of roles.
- Hard worker with a past record of studying the issues and making informed decisions.
- Well respected by her co-workers and employees.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 08:03 am
@maxdancona,
Don't lose any sleep over it Max, it won't.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 01:35 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

He's said the only people he wants to count his money are "short guys wearing yarmulkes."

Actually, that might be a form of positive discrimination? But, its so "American Hinterland" to include that in your litany, in my opinion. And, how many Jews in yarmulkas have you had lunch with lately?

Please don't try to understand native New Yorkers; I believe it is beyond the cultural world of most non-New Yorkers. If he does not win, it would not be a surprise. It would be a surprise if he did. My point being that the concern I see on the forum seems to have put the fear of the past in many.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2016 07:32 pm
Finally. An answer.
http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2016/08/15

0 Replies

RyanO45

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2016 07:43 pm
I go with 5 for 2 reasons. One. I'm Canadian so I don't care much about US politics unless they're gonna wall us off in which case I would go for Hilary. Two. I would much rather vote third party if I had to vote in the election.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2016 06:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
3) I support Trump because he will make a good or great president

Three for me. Mr. Trump will protect my civil rights.
giujohn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 10:52 am
@oralloy,
Well we know for sure Billary won't...she wants people to be able to sue gun manufacturers because they are responsible for the gun deaths...but by golly she's for the second amendment...as long as there aren't any more guns to buy...and these idiot liberals think we would actually buy this load of crap.
Next will be the car companies and they will solve global warming!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:35:19