Which monster you choose to live with in an isolated cabin over Donald Trump?

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:00 am

If I had to choose between becoming BFF's with either Donald J. Trump or Dr. Hannibal Lecter and subsequently being forced to live isolated in a log cabin with my choice in an remote part of Denali National Park in Alaska?

I would choose Dr. Lecter. He's at least cultured. He isn't a bigoted, racist monster of a political and cultural opportunist.

Who (any person/monster of lawful/neutral/chaotic evil alignment) would you pick to be forced to spend one month in an isolated cabin in the deepest parts of Denali National Park in Alaska? Or would you in fact spend a month with the Drumpster? May the lord have a special place in hell for you if that's your decision....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,048 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:04 am
@tsarstepan,
Is there a stipulation in this that the monster can't actually kill and devour you during that one month trial?

Interesting you said one month, my understanding is that the various casts of The Apprentice were actually together one month for filming, so in a sense they had to not only live a month under Donald's direction, the "winner" had to work for him.
Blickers

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:09 am
I think the monster I'd live with would be Ted Bundy, he only killed young women and even the female reporter he worked with trying to "solve" the murders felt safe with him-apparently if you weren't his type, his Mr. Hyde stayed safely hibernating.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:24 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Interesting you said one month, my understanding is that the various casts of The Apprentice were actually together one month for filming, so in a sense they had to not only live a month under Donald's direction, the "winner" had to work for him.

I'm proud to honestly say... that's a super coincidence. I have never (nor any intention) to watch a single episode (nor 3/4s, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8th, etc...) of an Apprentice crud.

Blickers wrote:

Is there a stipulation in this that the monster can't actually kill and devour you during that one month trial?

Let's keep it interesting. It can go either way depending on how you think you can handle yourself and your dangerous companion.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:38 am
I choose Jack the Ripper. I figure I could sneak up on him and stick a shiv in his ribs.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
even 30 seconds with Lecter could be deadly. Remember he did in a census taker once. Best check his cupboards first for chianti and fava beans....

Trump is less hands on deadly but the boredom might get to be unbearable.

Maybe a swim with some hungry piranhas would be wiser...although they'd likely not bother braising my liver or sauteeing my gizzard with vidalias prior to noshing.

I'll need to mull it over...
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:33 pm
@Sturgis,
So, chianti and fava beans don't work together? I've only eaten fava beans twice, once fresh with cheese in Tuscany's Chianti area,and once in a canned soup from Progresso.

I'll mull that over with some mulled wine, please.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 12:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I believe the chianti and fava beans were Lecter's choice for serving/having while he dined on the census takers liver.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:01 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Remember he did in a census taker once. Best check his cupboards first for chianti and fava beans....

You're missing the point of that scene. Remember what the census taker was doing? He was questioning and thusly challenging Dr. Lector. Me? I'd be very amiable and meek if I was to spend any time with him. I wouldn't test him or his intelligence. I might have enough neuroses to get him to be my therapist long enough to survive the month.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:03 pm
@Sturgis,
Ah, got it (never saw the movie).
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:05 pm
@Sturgis,
Sadly, I've never found that Progresso fava bean soup again, and I'd liked it a lot.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 01:31 pm
When you say monster, I think of 50s sci-fi flicks.

Lessee-moths are vegeterians, right? They only eat vegetable matter, like cotton clothing. I'll go with Mothra as being better than Trump to spend a month with.

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/126285/2414834-mothrashowa.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 06:18 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

When you say monster, I think of 50s sci-fi flicks.

Lessee-moths are vegeterians, right? They only eat vegetable matter, like cotton clothing. I'll go with Mothra as being better than Trump to spend a month with.

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/126285/2414834-mothrashowa.jpg

I'll concede that point. But you'll have to listen to the following song play during every waking moment for the entirety of the month stay together. No muting the music. No Internet access or television either.

https://youtu.be/tyMbJI5SrlI
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 06:46 pm
You've got a deal as long as I can listen to the Heavy Metal version:

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 08:33 am
Which monster? That's easy. Hillary Clinton.
0 Replies