Hague watermax.

Glennn

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 08:10 am
I bought a Hague water softener one month ago. It has a Smart Touch Controller computer pad for settings. It is set up to regenerate at 2:00am. Last night at midnight I hear a howling sound. I get out of bed and find that it's the resin tank. The computer touch pad and everything that sits on top of the resin tank, plus the pipes connected to it are vibrating and making a godawful howling and moaning sound.

This also happened a week ago. What I did then was hit the manual regeneration button, which stopped the noise and everything worked fine. When I told the dealer about this, he said it was probably a fluke, and that I shouldn't bypass the 12:00am brine-soak stage. He said it would have only taken two minutes for the brine tank to fill to the necessary level, at which point it would have just sat there until its 2:00 regeneration.

However, last night at midnight, the godawful noise went on for twenty-five minutes, then went down to a hum, and then back up to very loud. It finally stopped and at 2:00am it finished its regeneration without a sound. My old softener was quiet. The dealer said he's never heard of this kind of thing before, and said he's coming out late this afternoon to recreate the situation and see what's going on. I find it hard to believe that he's never heard of this kind of thing before.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,778 • Replies: 0
No top replies