A-ROD being forced into retirement...

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 09:22 am
Quote:
Alex Rodriguez to play last game Friday, become adviser for Yanks

The New York Yankees have announced that Alex Rodriguez [41] will play his final game Friday [August 12th]
then assume a position as a special adviser and instructor with the team.

Following Friday's game, Rodriguez will be unconditionally released by the Yankees from his player contract
in order to sign a contract to serve as a special adviser and instructor with the Yankees through December 31,

The Yankees, who are pushing to playing younger players, are contractually obligated to pay Rodriguez the
remainder of his $21 million salary for this season and the $21 million he is owed for 2017.

"After spending several days discussing this plan with Alex, I am pleased that he will remain a part of our organization
moving forward and transition into a role in which I know he can flourish," said Yankees Managing General Partner
Hal Steinbrenner via statement. "We have an exciting group of talented young players at every level of our system.
Our job as an organization is to utilize every resource possible to allow them to reach their potential, and I expect Alex
to directly contribute to their growth and success. Baseball runs through his blood. He's a tireless worker and an astute
student of the game. Alex has already proven to be a willing and effective mentor to many players who have come through
our clubhouse, and I am confident that this next phase of his baseball life will bring out the best in Alex and the next
generation of Yankees."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,670 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 10:07 am

Red Sox aren't planning a farewell ceremony for A-Rod ...
0 Replies