What's in your pockets?

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 05:29 pm
listening to a great interview with a guy who did his doctoral thesis on cargo pants/shorts. he says they're basically men's purses.

___

soooo ....

I've got my PC plus loyalty card, a $10 bill, one toonie, four loonies, a quarter and two dimes.

what have you got?

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 05:34 pm
@ehBeth,
No pockets, wearing Walgreens tights and a tee.

Thus I am lint free.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 06:34 pm
None of my pants have pockets except my 2 pairs of jeans.

I hardly ever use the pockets in them. On the few occassions I do it's my key's and/or a credit card.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 07:30 pm
@ehBeth,
I always carry my wallet, odometer, house and car keys, and some coins in my back pocket. I have my iPhone on my belt.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 09:17 pm
@ehBeth,
A wallet and my keys. Sometimes my cell phone.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 08:01 am
@ehBeth,
Wallet, keys, a pocket knife and some change.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:17 am
Keys, phone, some paper money, photo i.d.
farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:42 am
@Sturgis,
steel wool. Oh wait, theres a hole in my pocket.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 11:00 am
@farmerman,
$2 thousand and change. Oops; that's only in my dreams.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 01:56 pm
Proper handkerchiefs, not tissues. Sometime keys. If travelling on public transport, Opal Card (bus pass) and work access card. Money, cards, etc., go in a handbag or in my purse, which has a wrist strap.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 12:29 am
I hate carrying a purse, so on any given day, between coats and pants et al. my pockets will usually contain my bank card, driver's license, cash, coins, bags for dog poop, keys, Kleenex, eye drops, assorted stuff I pick up during the day that catch my eye, seeds, rocks, shells, nails, screws, dog treats, a ball, a hair clip/elastic, lip gloss, a pocket knife/tool, paper, pen, lists, diagrams, receipts and other assorted flotsam. I empty and load my pockets all day long. It's an ongoing battle.
I lose stuff in pockets and find it months later. I just paid for a new driver's license only to find in last week whilst camping in a hoodie I hadn't worn in a while. Great...Another 40 schloon down the tank..
chai2

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 01:02 am
@Ceili,
Ceilli, I carry a crossover bag that is basically an oversized wallet. It's 8" x 6" by 1.5" thick.

It's a Brahmin Mojito.

I only use crossbody bags because they are better for posture, and leave you completely hands free.

I purposely keep only a small bag so I won't be carrying a suitcase with all sorts of junk.

When I open it up, it's basically a place for your drivers license on one side, and credit cards and such on the other. There's an inside pocket for paper money/coins. The back of the bag has a slot for my cell phone. Finally, both wings on the bag have zippered compartments for other papers, if needed.

What I like most about the bag is that there's no need to ever take it off my person. When I need something, it stays where it is while I open it to expose the area with my license and cards.

I've never carried makeup, tissues, or any of that "girly" useless stuff. I don't even carry a comb.

Another benefit of carrying something small is that my better half would never think of carrying something for him, because I don't have the room.

I'm not much of a stuff person.

Here's the outside and inside of the exact bag I have:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=103090491

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/b/1/new-brahmin-alligator-croc-cross-body-brown-mojito-melbourne-handbag-purse-195-7815cd43b2e2ad6c8a0bdadd400dc506.jpg
0 Replies