Did I do anything wrong in this situation? What should I do now?

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 01:12 pm

my ex boyfriend and I were together for almost a year - about 4 months into the relationship we were doing long distance, I was in the states and he was living in the UK for a year. it was really rough because we didn't know eachother that long. after I went to visit him he would always make me feel like i was walking on egg shells and i started getting a lot of anxiety because any fight would lead to breaking up for him. he eventually broke up without be abruptly and never talked to me after that. we hadn't spoken for about 2 months and I had end up running into him at a club - where he was there with his mom. he ignored me and his friends yelled at me for being there so I walked away from the situation. he came and talked to me and was very cold and hurtful saying that he was ignoring me on purpose and that i should have never came and visited him. I left the club and called my best friend crying and told her what happend. she was angry and had texted him calling him a coward and said that if she was there she would have beat up him and his mom for acting like that. She told me afterwards she messaged him and i told her to apologize and she did and I texted him soon after apologizing on her behalf and that both our friends were just looking out for us in these situations, but what she said was wrong and was in no way a reflection of me. he said he lost all respect for me and wants nothing to do me then we never spoke again. 7 months later my friend and I run into him again, and she goes up to him apologizing again saying that it wasn't personal and she was just looking out for her friend. he told her she's extremely disrespectful and 'shooed' her away. he still hasn't talked to me since and acts like he genuinely hates me. am i really in the wrong?

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 01:15 pm
@jasminehoward,
Of course not.

He's a jerk.

I don't know why anyone is apologizing to him.

He sounds nasty and entitled.

Delete his contact info and congratulate yourself on it being over.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 01:26 pm
Even after not seeing each other for months at a time, he gets an attiude when he sees you. .In fact, he's downright nasty.

So - why do YOU think you've done something wrong?
jasminehoward

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 01:34 pm
@PUNKEY,
he made it seem like that if my friend never said those things to him, that we would be okay, but because she said those things to him he wants nothing to do with me and i was the reason why this break up went the way it did, so this whole time i felt like i had to be the one that apologizing.
jespah

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 01:45 pm
@jasminehoward,
He just wanted an excuse.

Stop apologizing.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 02:37 pm
He was a creep to you LONG BEFORE she even got involved.

Why do you allow this guy to be so abusive? Is his being "hard to get" or understand a turn-on for you?

Any other woman would have told him to stuff it up his self-absorbed ass.
0 Replies