Will Donald Trump Be Afraid To Debate Hillary Clinton?

woiyo

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Without entrepreneurial opportunity, there will be no business owners to hire those people who are paid to get products to market.

When you come up with a great idea for a business, you will hire people to help you and you will pay them according to their value to you as the business owner.

However, that presumes you can come up with an idea
izzythepush

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:13 pm
@woiyo,
Without law and order they'll be little business. Trump was born into wealth, he's not an entrepreneur like Richard Branson or Bill Gates. With his dodgy dealings and unpaid bills he's more of an impediment to business.
McGentrix

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:19 pm
@izzythepush,
34,000 people would disagree with you. How many jobs in America have you created?
DrewDad

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:21 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Without the business people hiring people to make them money then those people are doing nothing. They are not creating anything, building anything, innovating anything, growing anything, paying anything. They are nothing without the person that has hired them to trade money for labor.

Um.... no. Are you really this dumb, to believe that your entire self worth is based on getting a paycheck from someone?

Are you really that dumb, to believe that Americans are incapable of being their own bosses?
Real Music

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:21 pm
@woiyo,
No one is against entrepreneurship. That's actually a good thing. The problem is excessive greed of the super wealthy who are not paying their fair share in taxes. If the super wealthy were to pay their fair share in taxes, that would benefit the community as a whole.
woiyo

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Betcha they pay no taxes either. Trump followed the tax law as written and created and approved by the politicians like Hillary Clinton. That is the law and order the politicians you voted for created.
0 Replies

woiyo

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:27 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
No one is against entrepreneurship. That's actually a good thing. The problem is excessive greed of the super wealthy who are not paying their fair share in taxes. If the super wealthy were to pay their fair share in taxes, that would benefit the community as a whole.

Fine. Vote for new politicians who share that point of view who will change the tax law. Clinton will not do any of that regardless of what she says. She misleads and pretends to be progressive when she is owned and paid for by the super wealthy you complain about.

She talks about raising taxes by 4 points on those earning over 5M? Really? Even if I believe her, that is a increase of a 4 points on the top bracket in her progressive tax system. So now all the Bank CEO has to do is defer that income to avoid the tax. So what is the real change?

Not saying Trump is the answer, but certainly we know Clinton will not change one thing,
cicerone imposter

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:31 pm
@woiyo,
Defer the income until they die? LOL
Great benefit .
McGentrix

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:39 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Um.... no. Are you really this dumb, to believe that your entire self worth is based on getting a paycheck from someone?

Are you really that dumb, to believe that Americans are incapable of being their own bosses?

Who would be foolish enough to work for someone else when they could work for themselves?

I think the people capable of working for themselves, do. Everyone else works for those people. You can't really believe that everyone is capable of running a successful business do you? Most people can barely work for someone else without bitching about it.
izzythepush

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:42 pm
@McGentrix,
What a ridiculous question.

He's also ripped off a load of small term contractors as well.

Why are you in such a hurry to suck up to the rich man all the time? It doesn't matter if they're corrupt, shady or even criminal, as long as they're wealthy you want to kiss their buts.

How many American jobs are created by secreting profits in tax havens like the Cayman Islands?
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:43 pm
@woiyo,
Quote:
Fine. Vote for new politicians who share that point of view who will change the tax law. Clinton will not do any of that regardless of what she says

We are going to have to agree to disagree with your stated assumption. It is disingenuous for you to claim that Hillary Clinton is misleading the country regarding her desire to increase taxes on the super wealthy. You know as well as anyone else, a republican congress is the real reason that there would be no tax increases on the super wealthy. That is the reason we need to vote in a democrat congress to give Hillary the power to pass new tax laws that increases taxes on the super wealthy.
cicerone imposter

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:01 pm
@Real Music,
It's not only about taxes that the majority republican congress must be replaced. Their gridlock without compromise (by both parties) must be stopped.
Baldimo

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's not only about taxes that the majority republican congress must be replaced. Their gridlock without compromise (by both parties) must be stopped.

You say both parties are guilty of this, but you only seek to have the GOP replaced. You want complete control of all tree branches of govt so you can have a rubber stamped Progressive and Liberal agenda, even though only a 3rd of the population agree's with these views? Hillary the dictator with a rubber stamping Congress what a way for America to move forward.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:37 pm
I guess when Roger Stone is not advising Trump or spreading health rumors about Hillary he is busy with Julian Assange.

Quote:
REP. JERROLD NADLER (D-NY): Let me talk about a case that may pose a current national security threat to the United States and ask you a few questions about that. In his earlier remarks, Mr. [John] Conyers [D-MI] referenced an August 30 letter from the ranking members of a number of House committees. That letter asked whether the FBI was investigating troubling connections between Trump campaign officials and Russian interests and whether they contributed to the illegal hacking of the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic National Campaign Committee. You’re familiar with that letter, I take it?

JAMES COMEY (FBI DIRECTOR): Yes, I’m familiar with the letter.

NADLER: I’d like to ask you a few questions. The letter said this and I quote. “On August 8, 2016, Roger Stone, a Donald Trump confidant, revealed that he has communicated with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange about the upcoming release of additional illegally hacked Democratic documents. Mr. Stone made these statements during a Republican campaign event while answering a question about a potential ‘October surprise.’”

Obviously if someone is stating publicly that he is in direct communication with the organization that obtained these illegally hacked documents, I assume the FBI would want to talk to that person. Has the FBI interviewed Roger Stone about his communications with Julian Assange or his knowledge of how WikiLeaks got these illegally obtained documents?

COMEY: I can’t comment on that.

NADLER: Mr. Stone stated that he has knowledge about upcoming leaks of additional illegally hacked documents. Has the FBI asked him about those communications?

COMEY: I also can’t comment on that.

NADLER: Because it’s an ongoing investigation?

COMEY: I don’t want to confirm whether there is or is not an investigation

source
Baldimo

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:46 pm
@revelette2,
When Julian Assange and Wiki-leaks first hit the scence and started exposing emails and documents from happenings during the Bush days, a lot of your fellow lefties thought of him as a savior and applauded what he had done. Now that he is doing the same thing with the DNC emails and doc's, he is a problem and should be investigated. It's interesting how you guys are changing your tunes.
revelette2

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:47 pm
Read some about troubles in Trump past and lawsuits and loans he has had which may explain why he doesn't want to release his tax returns now. Apparently, what we do know so far has not been the most flattering.

Trump has turned over tax returns for lawsuits and loans
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:51 pm
@Baldimo,
Not all leftist think alike. I never did think breaking the law was justified including Snowden and Assange.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:52 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Who would be foolish enough to work for someone else when they could work for themselves?

Anyone who doesn't want to be an accountant, in addition to their regular work.

McGentrix wrote:
I think the people capable of working for themselves, do. Everyone else works for those people. You can't really believe that everyone is capable of running a successful business do you? Most people can barely work for someone else without bitching about it.

Rolling Eyes

There's not a magic quality that makes someone an entrepreneur. Tons of wannabe entrepreneurs fail. Tons of incredibly successful people draw a paycheck.

cicerone imposter

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 03:00 pm
@DrewDad,
I did both as an Accountant. Worked for other people, and also did consulting work. Working for myself was the most lucrative even though I worked over 80% in management positions for other companies.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 28 Sep, 2016 03:24 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

There's not a magic quality that makes someone an entrepreneur. Tons of wannabe entrepreneurs fail. Tons of incredibly successful people draw a paycheck.

A very self-contradictory and confused statement. The failure rate of would-be entrepreneurs you, yourself cited does indeed suggest there are many challenges to success in that field and that many who try do not meet them.
My experience suggests to me that there are indeed special character traits and skills required of people who attempt to create something new and take the risks that entails.

There are many paths to "incredible success" ( depending on how you define it), and many involve "getting a paycheck, as you say. That however does not dilute the unique challenges involved in creatinf something new, and doing so at your own financial risk.