How will Trump handle losing the election?

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 03:51 pm
This election increasingly looks like Hillary's to lose and there is not as much intrigue into its outcome to me as a result. So I've begun trying to imagine how Trump will handle, to use his phrasing, being "schlonged" by Hillary in November.

What do you think Trump's end-game is in an election loss? Do you think he'll stick around in politics trying to keep the mantle of leader of the Republican party or go back to TV reality shows? Or split the difference and be somewhat like a Sarah Palin?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 40 • Views: 72,403 • Replies: 1,219

snood

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 03:55 pm
@Robert Gentel,
It's hard to even venture a guess. I could never envision the role he's playing now. The whole damn thing has been shake-my-head other worldly.
chai2

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 04:20 pm
@snood,
Agreeing with snood basically. I would never in a million years have thought anyone would have been to stupid as to pay any attention to him.

However, I'm leaning towards him being very sour grapes about the whole thing.
roger

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 04:59 pm
@chai2,
I agree. It's always nice to be outside the tent and pissing into it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 05:05 pm
Do you all think he's going to find a way to avoid debating Hillary? I do. I can't imagine that he wants to actually be subjected to tough questions and a side-by-side comparison with her and her answers.
dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 05:09 pm
I'm just hoping he'll lose.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 05:10 pm
@snood,
Somehow, I think he can avoid any debate and it won't hurt him with his supporters at all.
snood

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 05:20 pm
@roger,
And the media will collectively bite their tongue and only comment about how "unique" he is, to avoid debating. Nothing about how he's simply scared to debate her one on one. Just like they're biting their tongues about his tax records.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 05:36 pm
@snood,
The reason Trump won't debate Clinton is because he understands he'll become a caricature of too many cartoons - much worse than what's already out there.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 06:01 pm
In the end, he'll create the Trump Party. And it'll be YUGE!

As yuge as (most likely) less than 10% of all voters.

He will also tell everyone how he was only playin' in order to even further develop his brand. He will say he predicted the numbers perfectly (no matter what they are, and he will have said nothing, BTW) and the news outlets in China are all going crazy to buy his prediction software, which will be created any day now by the geeks because he has geeks and he LOVES them even though they are all moms' basement-dwelling losers.

He will tell everyone how hot Ivanka looked while he was losing, and how sympathetic Melania was as she cried and spoke in the silly language of whatever the hell her homeland is but she's an American now, by God. He will say the election is proof of how the country is going to the dogs and a white man can't get a break anymore and political correctness is ruining this country and oh by the way he loves the gays and he has gays but he really loves the good old American straight white fellows but only in a platonic way and it's not like he'd ever break bread with them (the MOST AMAZING BREAD EVER) or give them a job. Please, are you nuts?

He will tell all about how the polls were rigged and the Clintons are horribly corrupt and they are going to continue the Obama mission of taking away everyone's guns and it's kind of interesting how that has taken over eight years but there are a lot of people and a lot of guns and if you don't get started immediately then there's a Christmas rush and Benghazi and if the Russians had been helping, then Obama would have taken all of your guns by now - look at how inefficient the Democratic administrations really are! And look at how awesome it is in Russia, where white men have lots of power and are beloved but in a totally platonic way because otherwise that would be gay and, while he has gays, they are nowhere near as hot as Ivanka.
snood

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 06:21 pm
@jespah,
You win post of the month. Hilarious - and spot on!
thack45

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:10 pm
@snood,
Well it certainly appears that way.. http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/30/media/donald-trump-presidential-debates-schedule/

Quote:
Donald Trump says the fall debate schedule is "unacceptable," raising the specter that he may try to skip them.
In a tweet on Friday night, Trump incorrectly said that Hillary Clinton and the Democrats are "trying to rig the debates."...

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:26 pm
@thack45,
On the debate: Trump lied.

"I'll tell you what I don't like. It's against two NFL games," he said. "I got a letter from the NFL saying, 'This is ridiculous.'"
An NFL spokesman said Saturday: "While we'd obviously wish the debate commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Trump."
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:28 pm
@snood,
Ha, thanks!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:39 pm
@jespah,
Trump isn't so articulate.
snood

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:45 pm
@InfraBlue,
I loved "I have gays, but in a platonic way". Trump is probably not going to use 'platonic', but funny as hell anyway.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:46 pm
@thack45,
How do you think Trump rates as a liar?

https://www.truthaboutdeception.com/lying-and-deception/confronting-a-partner/compulsive-lying/types-of-liars.html
snood

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:48 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

Well it certainly appears that way.. http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/30/media/donald-trump-presidential-debates-schedule/

Quote:
Donald Trump says the fall debate schedule is "unacceptable," raising the specter that he may try to skip them.
In a tweet on Friday night, Trump incorrectly said that Hillary Clinton and the Democrats are "trying to rig the debates."...

Yeah, man - the closer it gets, the surer I am - No Way this guys going to agree to a heads-up debate with Hillary. He'd have nowhere to hide his glaring ignorance.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:51 pm
@snood,
I don't think we have a good choice during this election.

https://www.facebook.com/ithoughtyoushouldknowit/videos/212688522461817/

I'm writing in Bernie Sanders name.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 07:53 pm
This election isn't about Trump. Trump is a bit player... an opportunist who fell into this strange role.

The real question is about Trump supporters.. they are White, angry, authoritarian and not too bright. And they feel like the country has been taken away from them. The GOP has been playing them for a long time... fitting them into a coalition with evangelical Christians and fiscal conservatives.

I think the GOP is going to have to ditch them. And I think it leaves some very angry people out in the cold.