how to get my boyfriend's mother to like me

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 04:25 pm
my boyfriend and i have been dating for six months now, and his mother doesn't like me. she is always doing and saying things to make him turn against me, and it's so annoying. before we started dating, we were best friends, but his mother didn't have a problem with me then. now that i am dating her son, she has a problem with me. and it's putting a strain on our relationship. what can i do to make her like me? i can't even come around to my bf's house because she won't let me in, or she'll tell me to f*ck off before she calls the cops on me. there has even been times that she called me a b*tch straight to me face, right infront of my bf and his brother and my boyfriend didnt even defend me. he just lets his mom yell at me, and sometimes he even laughs. if this keeps happening, i'm not going to be able to stay with him any longer. his mother is a real b*tch and a pain in the ass.

jespah

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 04:58 pm
@Sincerelynothing,
It's more important what he does, than what she does.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 09:47 pm
@Sincerelynothing,
Sincerelynothing wrote:
my boyfriend didnt even defend me. he just lets his mom yell at me, and sometimes he even laughs.

This is a bigger problem than anything his mother does.

You need to think about why you are with a boy/man who is not protective/supportive of you.
Real Music

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 11:43 pm
@Sincerelynothing,
Quote:
my boyfriend didnt even defend me. he just lets his mom yell at me, and sometimes he even laughs.

Your boyfriend is either an insensitive bastard, a mama's boy, or both.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:08 am
@Sincerelynothing,
If you want someone to like you - Behave like them, adopt their ideology and praise their insight.
Alternatively - Be yourself and if they don't like it - F**K em.
0 Replies

Sincerelynothing

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:01 pm
@ehBeth,
him laughing at me when his mother calls me names is bad, but i dind't think it was that bad.
chai2

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 09:13 pm
@Sincerelynothing,
No, that's really bad.
0 Replies

clueless7321

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 10:16 pm
@Sincerelynothing,
You could make an agreement that he visit his mom once a week or something like that, and that he not bring up your name, and when you are with him she not bring up the moms name. It doesn't mean a damn what she says. But he doesn't need to feed into it. If she can't behave then she need to be off limits to you, and he needs to protect your sanity. It is his mom.... He should go see her, change light bulb, go to waffle house... etc.. etc.. He is used to her crazy, you can't pick your family, but he can protect you and aleaviate alot of your stress. She will come around when holidays come and the boundries are set. She will test the boundries, and go back to her corner like a child untl she can behave. Its like you have to raise your parents all over again from a silly child that is acting out. I am sorry, I did have the mother in law from hell!!
0 Replies

kumaramit

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:01 am
@Sincerelynothing,
In my opinion just breakup with him , if he didn't defend you then what are the future exception from your partner to you . At first your boyfriend must have to defend you .
0 Replies