What is he doing?

SIREN5

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:33 pm
I am going to try and make this as short as possible but, there is a lot to it so I don't know that I can. I was married for several years and towards the end of the marriage, my ex became an alcoholic and was very verbally abusive. I went from being a very confident individual to feeling like I was nothing. I finally had enough and filed for divorce. I still had a negative opinion of myself after all was done but continued on with my life and my children. I met a guy on social media through mutual shared interests and we started chatting every night over sports etc. It was nothing sexual, just two people who shared common interests. We lived thousands of miles apart so there were no thoughts of more at first. After about 3 months, we started to really like each other and began to flirt a little but, didn't see it going anywhere because of the distance. He was mid 30's, had never been married and no kids and I was a year older, had been married for several years and had 3 kids and although we had shared interests just never though about taking it to another level until. We both started dating other people and our talks weren't as often but, we still touched base and sought each other out for advice, a laugh, or just to talk occasionally. My children and I moved in the midst of all this over 700 miles away but, still over 300 miles away from him. I didn't tell him about the move because we had lost touch other than a post on FB here and there and he seemed happy with the girl he was dating. A few months passed after I moved and then I heard from him one night with a message on FB asking how I was doing. We chatted for a while and then began to text and he relayed to me that he and the girl had broken up a few months before and then told me that he broke it off because he has moved for a new job. I congratulated him on the job and asked where he moved to and not only had he moved to the same city I was in, without knowing but he was only 5 miles away. We built up a friendship over the next few months as he traveled for work and was often gone for long periods of time and it started to feel like more than friends. We talked on the phone for hours and texted all day long. We laughed, we flirted and we shared personal things with each other that we didn't share with just anyone. I was keeping something from him and was scared to tell him for fear it would ruin everything but knew I had to come clean. I am not going into details on that but it was a lie basically that I should have came clean about before. We met and I told him everything about the lie and he was upset but, he still talked to me and we hung out the entire evening. As time went on we had a sexual relationship but he ended it stating he couldn't get over me lying. A year passed and nothing and then we ran into each other and like an idiot with no self esteem, I fell back into a friends with benefits situation but, in his defense I knew what it was going in. I thought, as most girls with low self esteem that if we hung out and he saw how great it could be, then we could possibly be more. That ended as soon as he met someone as you can guess because, I was just a good time until something better came along. He dated the other girl for almost a year and I decided to take that time and focus on me and getting my old self back. I did just that. I not only got my self confidence back, it is better than it ever was and I got in the best shape of my life!!!!I joined a dating site and started meeting and going out with guys and feeling some better about how things ended with him. About three months after they broke up, he must have joined the site also and it matched us up. He sent a screenshot to my phone of my profile where we had been matched and I just laughed it off with a reply of, "haha". We text a few times and he asked me how I had been. He finally told me how much lying to him had hurt him because he really saw a future there and how he was glad that was becoming a thing of the past. He asked me to hang out but there was some sexual innuendo so I declined. If I knew he was truly interested in being my friend or potentially wanting to try a relationship, I might go down that road and hang out but, I refuse to sleep with him and be used. I am not the girl with no self love anymore! I finally flat out told him that friends with benefits was off the table and he said he understood and was proud of me but, that he still wanted to just hang out and be cool. I turned him down to hang out several times because I had other plans and then he just stopped texting and asking altogether. He still looks at my profile and will like my pics but doesn't text, email or call. Is he toying with my emotions to see if he still has an effect on me, is he reaching out and liking pics etc to see if I will reach out to him or is he trying to reach out without having to admit he misses me too? We had so much fun together and I know he cares or cared for me at one time but he is very stubborn and prideful. I never felt the way I feel about him and I miss it so much. Others I have dated are constantly getting compared and I know it isn't right but, I can't help wanting to feel the way he made me feel!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 552 • Replies: 10
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:40 pm
I can't imagine what this big "LIE" was that he keeps holding over your head.

Was it that you were still married when first messing around with him?

You have decided that you can't get over him and want to be back with him, so there's nothing anyone can advise you.

Do you realize he is just as much a manipulator and verbal abuser as your first husband?

contrex

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:41 pm
This is very much like the post by Stupid46, in every way. Same themes, same prose style, same wall-of-text-no-paragraphs look and feel. I call attention troll.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:41 pm
@SIREN5,
Liking photos is meaningless. I like photos all the time without any thought behind it.

You told him to move on. He did. That's it.

If you're actually still interested in him you are going to have to explicitly reach out and say you want to try again. No guesswork, no clues - just be upfront about it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:44 pm
@SIREN5,
SIREN5 wrote:
I finally flat out told him that friends with benefits was off the table and he said he understood and was proud of me but, that he still wanted to just hang out and be cool. I turned him down to hang out several times because I had other plans and then he just stopped texting and asking altogether.

you turned him down several times after he agreed to your guidelines

__

probably nicest if you left the poor guy alone. Block him from seeing your account etc
contrex

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 03:45 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I can't imagine what this big "LIE" was that he keeps holding over your

In her other post as Stupid46, it was she that had the "lie". This is an attention seeking/mental illness type troll thing. Let's see how many screen names she manages to create.

SIREN5

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:20 pm
@contrex,
I am not sure who Stupid64 is but, I just found this forum yesterday.
0 Replies

SIREN5

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:21 pm
@PUNKEY,
I was not married, no. When I first separated and went through the divorce, my ex turned violent. When I first met this guy and it was purely friendly and online I didn't tell him about my children. That was my lie. He went from thinking I had one kid to finding out I had three.
0 Replies

SIREN5

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:23 pm
@PUNKEY,
I am not willing to go back down the road of just sleeping with him and being used, I am simply asking from a male standpoint what he is up to? I believe he is a narcissist and I am not completely sure on how their minds work exactly.
0 Replies

SIREN5

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:30 pm
@contrex,
I looked at that person's post and how are we even similar? First, I am American born and bred. Second, I was not married when I met this guy nor have I ever cheated. Thirdly, I had a great childhood with no abuse and the only abuse I suffered during my marriage, was verbal. I came here to ask a question and get some answers or helpful advice. I am well educated and have a great life and I am sorry you have nothing better to do than wrongly accuse people of things.
Have a nice day!
0 Replies

SIREN5

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 12:32 pm
@ehBeth,
I had other plans set in stone and when he asked it was always last minute, never in advance.
0 Replies