Sturgis

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:20 pm
It's this way: If you want there to be a God then there is one. If you want to believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses, then they exist. If you want to believe the earth is triangular then that is your belief. If you want to believe in nothing, then go for that. Bottomless line is we will find out when we die....unless we don't. Go with whatever gives you a comfy-womfy feeling in your belief system.
Krumple

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:26 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

It's this way: If you want there to be a God then there is one. If you want to believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses, then they exist. If you want to believe the earth is triangular then that is your belief. If you want to believe in nothing, then go for that. Bottomless line is we will find out when we die....unless we don't. Go with whatever gives you a comfy-womfy feeling in your belief system.

It would be fine if thats how believers behaved but they dont. Instead they want nonbelievers to be forced to live by their proposed rules laid out by their belief. It should go without saying some believers muder nonbelievers for not believing.

I dont think it will ever be as benign as you suggest.
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 01:48 am
@Krumple,
card-carrying believers are like overly attentive waiters, or even worse, VEGANS.

"JUST LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE, ILL MUDDLE THROUGH WITHOUT YOUR HELP"

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 01:42 pm
@Krumple,
Not all believers behave this way, Krumple. As a believer in something greater than me, I don't subscribe to the idea of forcing my beliefs on others. As long as you're happy and aren't. Causing harm to anyone or anything, that's all that matters. Find a comfort zone and hang out there.
Krumple

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 03:05 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Not all believers behave this way, Krumple. As a believer in something greater than me, I don't subscribe to the idea of forcing my beliefs on others. As long as you're happy and aren't. Causing harm to anyone or anything, that's all that matters. Find a comfort zone and hang out there.

If ONLY all believers had your mindset the world might actually be a decent place.
0 Replies