BIG 286 Mega Gol. UK

margsy

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 05:53 am
l am stuck on this clue, would appreciate some help please, l know that l have a few letters wrong but not sure where.
129a Peace activist (AN?I?AR)
Thank you in advance ttfn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 561 • Replies: 3
No top replies

James34

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 09:25 am
@margsy,
Hi Margsy
Yes this stumped me it is ANTIWAR. Did not come up on my Oxford word machine. Left it and remembered what the answer was. This has been in previous puzzles. Did you notice this edition is smear proof. They have changed to a new printer. I had an email from Lovatts yesterday, saying about this, but not saying when it would start. Checked my hand and it was ink free.
Looking forward to the next mag, not a lot more to do in this one. It is back to reading about the Strauss family.
Take care
James
margsy

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 02:52 am
@James34,
Thank you James, l too have a oxford crossword solver, lovingly known in my family as Mums word cruncher. The answer is not quite proper grammar but it fits everything. l too had the email, to be honest never noticed any smearing, but l will say that when l have to erase a letter it does tend to smear.l use a pen that has an eraser are on the end. l use biro for grids that not part of comps to be sent in and an ink pen for those that do. Weather today, it is raining and my poor roses are looking a bit sorry for themselves. My hubby is busy chasing a persistent fly, he is a demon with the fly spray, so l have to cover my teacup so the spray will not get onto the tea, tastes awful if it does, lol ttfn. By the way l mostly read paperbacks with stories that are pre 1950s, anything in the era that l grew up is not really interesting to me. But in school l loved reading historical books about this country, very interesting reading. ttfn x
James34

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 08:55 am
@margsy,
Is that the fly we have? No passport.Squirt and cover your cup
James
0 Replies