HELP ON EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVES

tvrm

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:22 pm
I has sex on july 22nd, my expected period date is the 25 or 26th around there. I roder emergency contraceptives that are arriving tomorrow so i have time to take them effectively, but i was worried if i should or not. Will my period come on time? Will it come and then not arrive for a few months and ill suffer a scare? Can I get my period and still be pregant? I had sex but he didnt *** in me, he wore a condom before he came although there could be precum. WHat are my chances of getting pregant? My period app said i ended ovulation on the 12th, although i got a clear discharge around 4 days ago so i dont know if THAT was my ovulation. HELP! should i take the ec or not
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 562 • Replies: 5
No top replies

snood

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:34 pm
@tvrm,
Those are serious questions.
If you don't have a doctor, there are state or county - run free clinics that will have at the very least a registered nurse on staff who can certainly answer your questions more definitively than strangers on the web.

chai2

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:30 pm
@snood,
The pharmacist at the drug store may be able to answer these questions too.

Quickly googling "When to take the morning after pill" which I'm thinking is what you're talking about, I found the Planned Parenthood website.

Here is the link that gives the information, re the morning after pill or having an IUD inserted, which is, according to PP, the most effective prevention for pregnancy after unprotected sex.
I also embedded from YouTube the video they show on the PP website. Good information, I learned something. (didn't know about the IUD thing)

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/morning-after-pill-emergency-contraception<br />

Don't rely on us here for medical advice, as we are not doctors.

Don't be shy about speaking to your pharmacist IF you can't get to a clinic. He or she will be glad to help you.

Question. You said you ordered the supplies and will get it tomorrow. Maybe you can talk to them?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:33 pm
Another question.

If you ordered them and are getting them tomorrow what is the reason you would not take them?

Isn't that why you ordered them?

Would you rather "suffer a scare" or suffer an unwanted pregnancy? I don't know anything about whether EC effects your next period.
tvrm

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:25 pm
@chai2,
because your period could not come for months
chai2

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:16 pm
@tvrm,
Well then, you already had the answer.

Why did you ask something you already knew?

This is a serious matter. Not one of "well I already knew the medical answer but I'll ask and believe some complete stranger because it's the answer I wanted to hear."

Good luck with your decision.
0 Replies