Is it racist if someone doesn't find other ethnicites attractive?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 03:10 pm
@Maybebroken,
Maybebroken wrote:

Men who are Western and have light skin is what appeals to me, because that's what I am, but I just can't help but to feel bad when I single out other ethnicites as being a potential partner in a relationship, or even a friend. I don't find the majority of Asian, African, Brazilian, Middle Eastern, Indian and African American men attractive. And a big turn off for me is when a guy doesn't speak English, or their English is broken. If this is classified as racism, what can I do to fix that, because I do not in anyway like my way of thinking?

I don't believe there is anything racist about not being physically attracted to people who don't look like you, unless perhaps you think they common facial characteristics of other races are ugly or grotesque. There is a hige difference between not being attracted and being repelled.

Also, I may have read the above phrase incorrectly, but if you are allowing appearances to decide whether or not someone is your friend, you may or may not be racist (although I would suggest you seriously think about this), but there's a good chance you are shallow.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2016 04:14 pm
@Maybebroken,
Quote:
Is it racist if someone doesn't find other ethnicites attractive?

Just because you have certain preferences of what men you are attractive to, doesn't make you a racist. Someone might be attracted to Asians, Blacks, Caucasian, or another ethnicity. Someone might be attracted to blondes, brunettes, or maybe redheads. Someone might be attracted to someone who is muscular, skinny, or heavy set. Someone might be attracted to a particular spoken accent. Having preferences in who you attracted to does not make you racist.

Now, on the other hand, if you don't want anything to do with someone because of their race, that would definitely be racist. Don't want to be friends. Don't want to talk to. Don't want to be seen with. Don't want to associate with. If you simply don't like a person (strictly) because of their race, that would be without a doubt racist.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 02:59 pm
I think it's a tad sexist that you are only attracted to men. In today's society you have to be gender neutral so work on that a bit.
0 Replies