Should I keep in touch with him?

Honn

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:37 am
Hello, I'd like to ask you...
In December, I started seeing a guy who was helping me with a preparation for my entrance exam to university. I developed a feeling for him almost right away. He was always so kind, well-mannered, patient... He used to make me tea anytime I came, he complimented me, made me laugh etc.
Anyway, when I finally had the courage to admit my feelings, he was already taken. He tried to make me feel better about it, saying that he is flattered and that he enjoyed teaching me... Things like that.
The exams are over now and we already said goodbye to each other. But I still miss him a lot.
I considered writing an e-mail to him, but firstly: I don't really know what to write, and secondly: I wouldn't want to bother him. Moreover, him being in a relationship makes it even harder - I wouldn't want him to think that I'm desperately trying to "get him back" in any way. I know the girl he is with and she is also very friendly, always happy, has a nice smile and so Smile I'm happy for them.
But I can't seem to overcome it. The fact that I probably won't see him ever again makes me sad. It's been like this for over three months now and there's no improvement.
What should I do? Should I write him or give it time? I was told that eventually, it will all go away.

Thank you for your answers, it means a lot!

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:44 am
@Honn,
Hi ___!

I hope you're enjoying your summer.

I am ___ (in here, write about whatever the heck it is you are doing this summer).

Thank you again for being my tutor and I hope we can keep in touch.

Sincerely,

___ (your name)
___ (your email address or phone number)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Send it and then go about your life. He may or may not respond. Let it go if he does not.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:50 am
@Honn,
Why would you write to him? are you expecting him to respond? do you think he's suddenly discovered he had an interest in you?

He was your tutor, not your friend.

I'd say that it's best to leave it alone. Move on with your life.

__

You've got an opportunity here to learn from what happened. You admitted your feelings to someone you didn't know well enough to know he was in a relationship. You expressed feelings to someone you did not have a social relationship with.

You were in a business relationship with this person.

The next time you're interested in someone, get to know them socially before talking to them about your feelings.
0 Replies