Mr. Trump and Student Debt?

Miller

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:45 am
We've all heard how Mrs Clinton will solve the student debt problem. But what about Mr. Trump?

How does Mr. Trump plan on solving the student debt ( loan) problem?

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 01:04 pm
@Miller,
He recognized it as a problem to be addressed in his acceptance speech last night. Perhaps, he didn't give details, since he didn't want to take up your time??
roger

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 03:17 pm
@Miller,
The ideal solution to student debt would be to pay it back. If you have the smarts to deserve a college education, you should also have the smarts to decide what can be paid before signing.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 05:04 pm
I thought they said higher education was the path to making more money. Did they mean by learning to beg for it?
roger

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 06:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
If you can borrow without repayment, that's more dignified than begging. You don't expect college grads to be undignified, do you?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2016 10:07 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

He recognized it as a problem to be addressed in his acceptance speech last night. Perhaps, he didn't give details, since he didn't want to take up your time??

I fell asleep and missed it.
Foofie

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:04 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I fell asleep and missed it.

Thank goodness he didn't take up your time.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:23 am
Did you know that Mrs. Clinton is for zero tuition at State Universities? I wonder if she knows how Professors at those schools will react...

Most will quit and go on to another Profession. Can't blame them.

Free tuition only means the Colleges will be operating as advanced High Schools.
Miller

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:27 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I thought they said higher education was the path to making more money.

Is that why many PhDs are running around today with holes in their socks and shoes? Rolling Eyes
engineer

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:31 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Did you know that Mrs. Clinton is for zero tuition at State Universities? I wonder if she knows how Professors at those schools will react...

Most will quit and go on to another Profession. Can't blame them.

Why is that?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:39 am
@Miller,
Allowing students to take on more debt has just resulted in tuition inflation.

The government guaranteeing the loans just means the lenders have no risk, and no incentive to make sure the loan can be repaid.

Basically, it's a great deal for the lenders and the universities, but a crappy deal for the students. Student's take on the loans, considering it "good debt" and under the belief that they can get out from under the debt if necessary. Then reality kicks in and they see that it will destroy their credit rating, and that the government will come after them if they default.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:58 am
@Miller,
Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
"I thought they said higher education was the path to making more money. "

Is that why many PhDs are running around today with holes in their socks and shoes? Rolling Eyes
They're in that condition because it isn't necessarily true.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 11:33 am
Trump has strongly supported student debt as a way to finance education, specifically at Trump U where students were encouraged to finance their courses.
roger

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:22 pm
@engineer,
There is that, I suppose.
0 Replies