Why Are Boston Area Anti-Semitic Incidents On The Rise In 2016?

Miller

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 09:32 am
Anti-Semitic incidents on the rise in 2016

NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – Anti-Semitic incidents are in the rise in Massachusetts. According to the Anti-Defamation League, there have been 56 anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish incidents reported in New England during the first five months of the year.

Perhaps more startling is the fact that 47 of those 56 incidents have occurred here in Massachusetts. 23 of those incidents occurred at schools and colleges, including several at UMass in February.

“I remember its was a swastika incident,” UMass student C.K. Wijesundara told 22News. “I remember there was a swastika written outside a bathroom door. It’s definitely shocking. There’s been other incidents with racist things written outside different places on campus. It’s Amherst. You would think that it is a very inclusive town and it is for the most part.”

22News tried contacting several Jewish spiritual leaders for a comment but no one was available. With 56 anti-semitic acts reported so far this, it’s on pace to eclipse the 61 anti-Jewish incidents that were reported in all of 2015.

Experts say a combination of social media and political rhetoric may be to blame for this rise in hate

WWWLP.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,802 • Replies: 10
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 09:52 am
@Miller,
Do you think it is a coincidence that this corresponds with the rise of Donald Trump?
mark noble

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 09:53 am
@Miller,
It's not Jewish folk that are the issue - It's the false jews (Zionists) That run the global infrastructure that need attending to.
And many folk fail to distinguish between the two.

Personally, everyone is awesome, even Farmerman (Rockboy).
Miller

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:08 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Do you think it is a coincidence that this corresponds with the rise of Donald Trump?

Based on reports from Boston area towns, it looks like folks who are against the "Black Lives Matter" group are also intensely anti-semitic.

I never associated Trump with antisemitic acticity by others.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:43 am
@Miller,
That's one too many W's.

WWLP.COM

The report doesn't specify the nature of this political rhetoric.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:51 am
@Miller,
Could you link to any story where Black Lives Matter is linked to anti-semitism?

David Duke supports Donald Trump. David Duke doesn't support Black Lives Matter.

Donald Trump has also used antisemitic imagery taken from a White Supremacist group in social media. I don't see many people doing this.

Miller

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:22 am
@maxdancona,
The events I'm referring to have taken, place and are still taking place in various Towns within Massahusetts.

If you read the Boston Globe or see Boston TV, you should know what I'm talking about.

Recall , for instance the basketball game between a major public high school in Newton and Catholic high school in Boston ( Catholic Memorial ). One school consista mainly of white students ( high percentage of Jewish students ) and the other school, Catholic has a high percentage of black students.

At a recent basketball game between the two schools, antisemitic chants were throw against the Newton team repeatedly, by the Catholic students. The Jewsish kids in the audience didn't throw racial insults at the team from the Catholic high school.

Imagine, the insults were made nonstop throughout the game and reps from the Catholic school did nothing to stop it.

View TV news from Boston, and you'll see that anti-semitism and anti-black hatred seem to go hand-and-hand .
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:28 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

It's the false jews (Zionists) That run the global infrastructure that need attending to.

And how would you "ATTEND" to the "false" Jews ( "ZIONISTS")?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:47 am
@Miller,
You are full of crap Miller. The Catholic Memorial School is about 80% White and only 10% African American. https://www.noodle.com/schools/ktOLb/catholic-memorial (I don't know why racial prejudice seems to correlate with a difficulty checking facts on Google... it took me 10 seconds to search for this statistic).

The issue here is White Supremacy. White Supremacy is the backbone of Anti-Semitism as it always has been. It might surprise you to know that White Supremacists aren't too fond of the Black Lives Matter movement.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 08:57 am
@Miller,
Question Miller,

Did this imagery from the Trump Campaign give you any pause?

http://s1.gossipcop.com/up/2016/07/Donald-Trump-Star-Of-David-300x267.jpg
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 10:01 am
@Miller,
I don't attend, I observe.
Each unto their own, as far as I'm concerned.

Have a quick poem...

Allow it to be what you bred it to be
What you said it and read it
And fed it to be
Then reap what you sow
For allowing to grow
Whatever it is that you see.

Mark...
0 Replies