I love my boyfriend but he's turned jealous and it's my fault...

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 08:11 pm
I am in my 20's and really in love. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years with a break where we split after 2. We split because I found out some of the things he'd said about himself weren't true. We kept in touch however and decided to give it a go. When we split up he saw someone else I never did. The most I did was meet up with a male friend for drinks. When I told him this he asked me to stop speaking to me. I agreed because I wanted our relationship to work and he wasn't much of a friend anyway so it wasn't a great loss for what I saw as a big gain. My friend however then got a job in China and I messaged him to congratulate him. My boyfriend saw this due to me leaving my iPad at his house. He was not happy and said he could not longer trust me because I broke his promise but he still wanted to be with me. Then my sister joking signed me up to love island which I thought was funny and posted a picture of. He flew off about this and said it wasn't funny he didn't trust me and I was to leave him alone.... This was 3 days ago I've heard nothing. I don't know what to do because I did break my promise and message the friend but I didn't cheat or lie and I can't stop other people from doing things. Please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,228 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

CoastalRat

Thu 21 Jul, 2016 05:34 am
@Love2016,
You really think a relationship with someone who seems controlling and jealous over nothing is worth hanging onto?

He tells you not to talk to a friend and gets mad when you do? It is not like you were bopping this guy while you two were together. And what you did with this guy or any other while you were split is none of his business. You have every right to have friends, both male and female, and every right to talk to them.

I would be very careful if I were you. People who are controlling can become dangerous. Personally, I would suggest you have a nice little talk with him about not telling you who you can or cannot be friends with and do so in a public place. Then, depending on how he responds, you may want to walk away from this guy. I will say it again. Controlling people can become dangerous.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Thu 21 Jul, 2016 05:43 am
This guy has a double standard.

He lied to you, then he turns around and accuses you of being a liar and a cheater.

He has all the characteristics of being an abuser. Be very careful of continuing a relationship with such a controlling person.

Please tell what is is that you "love" about him.

0 Replies