Isn't this what anti-Catholics won't admit ?

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 09:41 am
Even ADAM could see this badda-BING

Parishes and missions 408,637
Primary and secondary schools 125,016
Universities 1,046
Hospitals 5,853
Orphanages 8,695
Homes for the elderly and handicapped 13,933
Dispensaries, leprosaries, nurseries and other institutions 74,936

maxdancona

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 09:44 am
@AugustineBrother,
You know what is funny, AugustineBrother. I am not anti-Catholic. In fact in TheCobbler threads I defend Catholicism.

Most people here aren't anti-Catholic. People only seem anti-Catholic in your threads because your threads are so obnoxious.
AugustineBrother

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 09:46 am
@maxdancona,
We all have eyes.
mark noble

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 11:04 am
@AugustineBrother,
I'm not anti-anything.
But I will always call things as I see them.
And the catholic church (Not the blind-sheep who are born to its talons) is truly beyond christ's redemption.
0 Replies

mark noble

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 11:08 am
@AugustineBrother,
It's a fallacy to think that some acts of goodness equates to ALL acts MUST be good (Because some are)

And all the above institutions are a great construct for indoctrination initiation.
And for isolating vulnerable minds.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 01:15 pm
@AugustineBrother,
I have often enjoyed a "sell the Vatican feed the world" joke, but I always appreciate the good work they do. And I learned a new word today, leprosaries.

Keep up the good work
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:06 pm
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

Even ADAM could see this badda-BING

Parishes and missions 408,637
Primary and secondary schools 125,016
Universities 1,046
Hospitals 5,853
Orphanages 8,695
Homes for the elderly and handicapped 13,933
Dispensaries, leprosaries, nurseries and other institutions 74,936

Yes, Catholicism is a world-wide church doing world-wide good. However, I suspect that those that one might think are anti-Catholic have a different focus entirely. Meaning, caring for the world is not their mantra, but caring for Americans is their mantra. It might all go back to the history of why Protestants came to this country. It was not the same reason that Catholics came. It originally was for the religious freedom that Catholic Europe did not offer. Also, I have heard it said that if Catholicism could make this a Catholic country (with the church running the school systems) it would do so.

Plus, Protestants might also feel towards Catholics spititually like they might feel towards Jews; that being that they seem to be not acknowledging that the bible (both testaments) is the inspired word of God, and one should pray directly to Him (period). And, one cannot buy Salvation through Good Works, which you seem to have advertised in the inception of your thread. Nice, but no cigar!
0 Replies

thack45

Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:23 pm
I'm curious to know what OP's prayer life – not to mention his spiritual walk – is like. I understand it's customary for the believer – prior to any sort of proselytization effort, to ask his god (in the name of the christ), that he be revealed to the unbelieving. The evangelist is merely a vessel for god's word.

So either, A: OP is a terrible representative, worthy of severe admonishment from his leaders.. or, B: god is a dick
AugustineBrother

Mon 8 Aug, 2016 12:04 pm
@thack45,
or -- don't leave out the middle term -- or you are a fool.
0 Replies