Need help buying a computer?

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 08:22 am
I am a video and flyer editor and I am looking to get a new computer in the fall.I will also be attending college in the fall to get a degree in Information technology. I need some help choosing one of 3 choices. I have been looking closely at dell and have come down to 3 possibilities. 1) The XPS 15, which is powerful and has a beautiful display that has 100% of the adobe rgb which would be amazing for my graphics. I would also want to get it with the 4k display to be able to edit 4k video in the future. Downside would have to be the high price tag topping at about 2300 for the one I would want. 2) Inspiron 7000 Gaming Series. I don't play computer games, I have read that gaming computers have great specs that line up will with top model graphic business computers. I can have a 4k screen and has a slightly better graphic card because it has 4gb rather than the 2gb graphics of the xps. It also comes in at a much better price at around 1300 for the model I would get. While that price is much better, from what I have been reading, the color representation lack something to be desired and I don't know if it would represent my printable and videos well. It also lacks a thunderbolt port that is on the xps. It also uses older ram DDR3L chips rather than the DDR4 of the xps which are clocked faster. 3) Inspiron 7000 Series 17" 2-in-1. This computer meets the requirements for the adobe cc suite that I use , it has a lower clocked i7 possessor and is not available in 4k. It does however boast a 17 inch 360 degree folding screen that looks interesting. It also comes in at a good price point of about 1000.I would love to have the xps but is it worth that price or should I save money at get one of the other two.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,197 • Replies: 1
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 08:41 am
@mlivey1214,
Take a look at the MSI laptops. I had to make a purchase recently for my son going to college and chose an MSI over the general brand names.
0 Replies