Intimidated By a girl I want to date

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 05:02 am
Good morning,

I need some advice from my friends here,concerning a girl I'm interested in. I don't have problems meeting girls, asking them out etc, but this girl intimidates me a bit.

Brief context:
- She's a national sport champion so she knows a lot of people(I too do the same sport but I'm not a champion...I've trained with her once or twice though);
- Initially I thought she was arrogant and spoiled;
- We have friends in common and they told her what I thought of her.
- We went on vacation together because we share some friends and went with the same group and when we were introduced, I told her: "You're an entitled spoiled little girl who's very arrogant!" and explained why, and she was taken aback.
- Throughout the vacation I proceeded to roast her a bit - not too hard - and that turned into playful joking around back and forth.
- I can make her laugh pretty easily;
- By the end of the vacation we were already getting along pretty well

So now I don't know what to do... I talk to her on facebook messenger a bit and she responds quickly, but I don't want to be one more fanboy trying to be her friend etc (and I think I'm not on that level already). I don't want to overdo it either, so I talk briefly, make her laugh and say my goodbyes.

I need to be different from every guy trying to get to meet and impress her.

I think I've got somethings going for me, which is the fact that at first I wasn't intimidated or impressed by her and the fact that she knows that, and that I can make her laugh...
Don't know what to do next. Asking her out seems rushed. I need to "score some extra points" befor that.

Please help?

Thank you

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 05:26 am
Asking her out seems like the ONLY logical step now.

You need to find out if she is interested in taking this to the next level. So ask her out. At least you will find out if you are wasting your time.
TyrionGuy

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 07:17 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you @PUNKEY

pragmatic as always
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 08:24 am
@TyrionGuy,
Bump... would like some more opinions
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 08:48 am
@TyrionGuy,
I don't think it'll be rushed. You're just asking her out - it's not a huge commitment.
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 09:51 am
@jespah,
well it's not, but it's sort of a big step...

oh well, life begins at the end of my confort zone right??

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 09:56 am
@TyrionGuy,
TyrionGuy wrote:
I don't want to overdo it either, so I talk briefly, make her laugh and say my goodbyes.

go with what you have done well so far

invite her out for something brief / time-limited - a quick date at a juice bar, an early evening walk somewhere scenic in your area

work your way up to a longer date
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 09:57 am
@ehBeth,
great adivce!! thank you so much!
jespah

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:00 am
@TyrionGuy,
Beth speaks sooth.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:03 am
@TyrionGuy,
TyrionGuy wrote:
I don't want to be one more fanboy trying to be her friend

I need to be different from every guy trying to get to meet and impress her.

does she date a lot?
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:06 am
@ehBeth,
don't know.. but she is sort of famous, very beautiful and with tons of connections
ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:09 am
@TyrionGuy,
famous and beautiful could well mean that other people are too nervous to ask her out

keep that in mind

you're at least giving it a go - and you know you make her laugh - and that , my friend, is BIG
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:11 am
@ehBeth,
Yes I know I have somethings going for me and that's why I'm sort of confident in taking this next step. Because there will be tons of guys just as intimidated or more... Thank you for your help. I'll give it my all
0 Replies