How can I forgive myself and others?

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 04:02 am
I am permanent resident in US. Got married 2 1/2 years ago, unfortunately my husband passed away. He's a truck driver and always away from home most of the time. I already knew it would be lonely here inthe US being away from family and friends before I married him but I never thought it would be so hard like this. I am not making an excuse but I think that's one of the major factors why I cheated on him. I feel so guilty especially when he passed away, I wish I could've confessed and asked for his forgiveness but it happened so fast, I never got a chance to talk to him..Even if he passed away, I know this sounds harsh but I still continued my relationship with my lover, he's only 16. He's minor and when his parents found out about our relationship, they forced me to signed all my titles (cars, house, everything) in return that they will not press charges on me. I am very scared and confused that time. I dont know what to do so I left the US and fly back to my country. It was a stupid mistake, that I took the risk to give up everything that I have to be with a teenager. I have a 5 y/o son and I sacrifice that bright future that awaits him in the US. I did this to myself, it was my fault. I don't know how can I move on from this.. How can I forgive myself and how can I forgive these people that took advantage of me because of my mistake? I don't know if I'm going back and fight for my rights or shall I just let it go and move on and stay for good here in my country?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,887 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 06:12 am
@shirosan24,
Oh, you need counseling.

Learn how to put your child's needs ahead of your own.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 06:45 am
You are not a USA citizen, right? If these charges come out you will not be able to continue your citizenship request.

If you stay out of the US for more than 6 months, then you will lose permanent residents rights. Decide if you can come back.

You were blackmailed, for sure, and there is no way to tell if this family would continue to seek money from you.

What is your age?

Did you get a lawyer when all this happened?
0 Replies